DNX9980HD install in my 97 Chevy Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is the setup in my Chevy ... Work has been done to the dask to accomidate the electronics installed there ...
But this is all going away ... to install the NEW Kenwood - DNX9980HD !!!

So here we Go !!!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everything out ... ALOT of stuff needs to be cut out here to get this monster to fit ...

You must be registered for see images

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After calculations ... The Air Conditioner controls will need to be relocated ... No problem !!!
I NEVER use the ash tray area ... So it will go away to make room for a new location for the Air Conditioner controls ...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Roughly cut me out a sheet of 3/4 mdf and fit it and make a primary bracket for the new head unit ...
Then I test fit the Dash assembly before making more cuts ... Fit really tight !!! Awesome ...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bottom section (i think a cassete / disc player was origionally there) will be used for wire storage ... because there is NO more room for wires anywhere else ...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The new head unit will not fit flush ... kinda sux, but its cool ...
I made a 3/4 mdf trim piece to fit ... VERY tight fit, but it worked ... also, we made some "behind the scenes" brackets to prevent theft (sorry, I'm not posting those) ...
but I can say that they lock in the origional radio mounting locks ... lets just say that this head unit will not move ...

Last edited:

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please keep in mind that this is all rough fit .... nothing is trimmed out for finished product ...
But i'm working on it !!!

Notice that ALOT of material was cut out to make this head unit fit and accomidate ALOT of wiring ...