DNX9980HD install in my 97 Chevy Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
System playing and working fine ... got to pull it back out for more bracket fabrication, run speaker wires, trim out and work on the center channel, and several other things I haven't thought to type ...
I really need to get my hands on a router ...

But this is where I am today ... Going to get started back on this project ASAP ...
Thank you for checking this project out and pleas let me know what you think ...
Again, thank you GMT400 !!!
Randal ...

Last edited:

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow it looks very good so far. cant wait to see the dash bezel done!
In the words of Billy Madison...That's pretty sick Chubbs. Nice work!

Thank you Guys !!!

Man, This head unit has all kinds of bells and whistles on it ... And the Sound Quality is Amazing !!!
Me and my youngest son watched Star Wars it the other night !!! That was fun ...
And I still need to connect my center channel for the 5.1 surround sound effect ...

I think the covering material is going to go on nicely ... I just got to get all the pieces fiberglassed and set up correctly ... just going to take some time ... but I think it will be worth it when I'm done ...

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking great! Keep up the good work!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice progress so far!
Looking great! Keep up the good work!

Thank you guys ... getting ready to pull it back out to run new wires and more fabrication ...
Got a MECA event in Lebanon, Tn I would like to attend on Feb. 26 ... It needs to be done by then ...
(at least the Head Unit work ... the AC controls I'm not so worried about ... yet)

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Thank you guys ... getting ready to pull it back out to run new wires and more fabrication ...
Got a MECA event in Lebanon, Tn I would like to attend on Feb. 26 ... It needs to be done by then ...
(at least the Head Unit work ... the AC controls I'm not so worried about ... yet)

Kind of an out of the blue idea but My 99 yukon had the rear heat/air controls in the overhead console, and I just thought that would be a unique place to put the main controls in a pickup. No idea if they would fit though.

Edit. forgot the other part of my post LOL. In my Yukon I did a 1" tweeter, center channel for 5.1 sound and it didnt sound right until one day I used a 45* cup and bounced it off the windshield rather than pointing it towards the interior. It seamed that aimed into the truck you could really tell EXACTLY where the sound was comming from (that single tweeter) where aimed at the windshield it filled the whole front with sound. Maybe I am wrong as far as how 5.1 is "supposed" to sound, but I prefered it that way.

Last edited:

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could work, if I had a overhead console ... but that would be ALOT of wiring I would have to add into the system (i'm already worried about adding 3 ft into it now)
But yes, that would look really cool ...
Thank you for the idea ... and I will consider this an option (I do not have many) ...
But my kids are wanting me to install a flip down directly between the sun visors ... we've seen it done already and it looks awesome !!!
Not really sure if that is going to happen either ...

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
So what exactly is that head unit? is it double din or is it actually bigger than doubledin? Its gunna be nice when you get it done, I like it.