DJM 2-4 drop review and finished pics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's sexy.
I was reading on the belltech drop spindles instructions that with stock wheels you can get rub and they typically carve out a section...is that true with your kit as well? I hate causing myself more work.

Actually, it's less needed with BellTech spindles than with other manufacturers. BellTech spindles are designed to push the front wheels out a bit to help with clearing the lower control arms. On DJM or other spindles, if you're running less than 18" wheels, you need to trim about 4-4.5" off of the rain gutter back from the balljoint end of the control arm. Even if you're running bigger wheels, it's best to go ahead and trim them anyways because who knows if you might end up with a 15" spare at some point.

SuperStepside

Reaction score
Looks real nice and a high quality write up! What size are your tires?

275/60R17

looks good, as for the e brake cable you need a brake cable bracket.

Yea it came with the kit but it's still loose. I'll try adjusting the cable but if there's not enough adjustment then I'll just have a brake shop make me a shorter cable.

Actually, it's less needed with BellTech spindles than with other manufacturers. BellTech spindles are designed to push the front wheels out a bit to help with clearing the lower control arms. On DJM or other spindles, if you're running less than 18" wheels, you need to trim about 4-4.5" off of the rain gutter back from the balljoint end of the control arm. Even if you're running bigger wheels, it's best to go ahead and trim them anyways because who knows if you might end up with a 15" spare at some point.

I think you need 17's or larger. I checked mine from lock to lock and its far from the lower control arm.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have always had to unthread the e-brake cable adjuster anyway to get it out of the original hanger because the hole isn't slotted it's closed, on the new bracket you can just loosen it and slide it in. Just sounds to me like your cable need's adjusted, no biggie at all. Truck looks great BTW.

SuperStepside

Reaction score
Yea I took a sawzaw to the original bracket to get the cable out. I'll try adjusting it.

Update: Just rolled the fender lip and now I dont rub anymore on harsh roads. Ride feels a little more harsh now but I need new shocks all around.

SuperStepside

Reaction score
I have no clue who makes those wheels. All I see for a name is "562" and "Rev4". I've tried researching this but nothing comes up. I actually bought them off craigslist for $200 but they were in horrible shape. Took me a week to get them shining like they are now.

dAT OBS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I decided to drop my truck to a 2-4 end result. I currently had drop shackles on so I went with spindles up front and hangers out back. I went with 2-4 cause theres no way I'm going 4-6 with these ****** roads up here. I went with DJM cause I heard that their spindles wont move the wheel out. Also stylintrucks had a discount for DJM products.

Install
I started with the rear. Took me about 2 hours. I air chiseled the rivets out and that would be the easiest way to do it. I couldn't imagine doing it any other way. The new hangers went in pretty easy. The driver side was a little difficult but I have skinny hands so I was able to get a wrench in there to hold the bolt head for tightening. The only problem I see here is that now the emergency brake cable is hanging there like its loose. DJM instructions said nothing about this. I'll try adjusting the cable to take the slack out.

Onto the front. Removal went pretty easy. BFH helps the get the balljoint studs broken from the spindle. Install was a little tricky. To get the caliper on you have to bend the brake line that bolts to the caliper so that it doesn't hit the upper balljoint. I had a suspicion that these spindles were gonna kick the wheel out. They do. Comparing them next to the stockers and you can see the spindle shaft is farther out. I have 275's so I'll have to roll the fenders and my test drive confirmed this. I'll also have to do an alignment since my steering wheel isn't straight anymore. Most likely toe is out but I'm gonna adjust camber to 0 degrees so my tire will be straight up and down and not leaning out.

Pics

You must be registered for see images attach

Before

Did you have to use any shims to work with pinion angle of such or any vibration issues..??