DJM 2-4 drop review and finished pics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperStepside

Reaction score
Well I decided to drop my truck to a 2-4 end result. I currently had drop shackles on so I went with spindles up front and hangers out back. I went with 2-4 cause theres no way I'm going 4-6 with these ****** roads up here. I went with DJM cause I heard that their spindles wont move the wheel out. Also stylintrucks had a discount for DJM products.

Install
I started with the rear. Took me about 2 hours. I air chiseled the rivets out and that would be the easiest way to do it. I couldn't imagine doing it any other way. The new hangers went in pretty easy. The driver side was a little difficult but I have skinny hands so I was able to get a wrench in there to hold the bolt head for tightening. The only problem I see here is that now the emergency brake cable is hanging there like its loose. DJM instructions said nothing about this. I'll try adjusting the cable to take the slack out.

Onto the front. Removal went pretty easy. BFH helps the get the balljoint studs broken from the spindle. Install was a little tricky. To get the caliper on you have to bend the brake line that bolts to the caliper so that it doesn't hit the upper balljoint. I had a suspicion that these spindles were gonna kick the wheel out. They do. Comparing them next to the stockers and you can see the spindle shaft is farther out. I have 275's so I'll have to roll the fenders and my test drive confirmed this. I'll also have to do an alignment since my steering wheel isn't straight anymore. Most likely toe is out but I'm gonna adjust camber to 0 degrees so my tire will be straight up and down and not leaning out.

Pics

You must be registered for see images attach

Before

Last edited:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good here too. :cool:

I would like to see that guy fall off the ladder in the background, though. :lol:

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
QQn good and I'm still digging that clean stepside !!!!!

I'm thinking your clearance would be good without any fender
lip rub @ 2/4 w/ 275's but roll them if you must.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks real nice and a high quality write up! What size are your tires?

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can see it right here next to the bumpstop unless you already have one then yes, you have to adjust the brake cable.

You must be registered for see images

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's sexy.
I was reading on the belltech drop spindles instructions that with stock wheels you can get rub and they typically carve out a section...is that true with your kit as well? I hate causing myself more work.