ditching lift blocks for just a spring lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My RCSB has a 6inch rough country lift, with the 4.5inch blocks I was replacing u joints all the time (every 4-6 months.) Once I did a shackle flip kit, ORD is where I got mine, it changed my pinion angle back to stock and I haven't had an issue since. Ditch the blocks and stupidly long u-bolts for ORD's u-bolt flip kit while you're their.

our short rear drive shafts and lift blocks are bad combos, here is a link to ORD's kit.
http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/shacklekit.htm
I'm thinking about doing this, did you notice any difference in the ride?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
things to establish, is it axle wrap? put truck in park and try rolling it back and forth and see how much pinion moves up or down. if it does tighten u bolts and recheck

secondly, check driveshaft, inspect u joints and see how much the slip yolk has been pulled out. most people dont do any driveshaft work after a lift so your slip yolk sticks out farther which is more hurt on your trans and eventually can cause vibration, wear and whipping. pull driveshaft and check pinion. it likely still has a 10 bolt if it was anything like mine it hated life and grenaded itself after the pinion nut backed off completely.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doing the ORD shackle flip on a 2 door will require the installer to first drop the gas tank so that the bolts can be installed for the shackle. If the tailpipe is in the stock location then it will need to be moved since its currently sits just a couple inches under the stock shackle mount.

I have been on the fence on going the shackle flip on my 2 door but I think it will look funny seeing the new mount sitting so much lower on the frame. I may just spend the extra money and get the right leaf springs when I do my Dana 60 rear end swap

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Doing the ORD shackle flip on a 2 door will require the installer to first drop the gas tank so that the bolts can be installed for the shackle. If the tailpipe is in the stock location then it will need to be moved since its currently sits just a couple inches under the stock shackle mount.

I have been on the fence on going the shackle flip on my 2 door but I think it will look funny seeing the new mount sitting so much lower on the frame. I may just spend the extra money and get the right leaf springs when I do my Dana 60 rear end swap
Why a dana 60?

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why a dana 60?

Because I already have it and its free. It was in my fathers K5. All I need to do is cut off the perches and shock mounts and reweld new ones on in the correct location. It has 4.56s in it which will work a lot better than the 3.42s I have now with my 33s. The Dana rear has just about 500 miles on it. It was bought brand new from Dynatrac.