ditching lift blocks for just a spring lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V10nacuda

Reaction score
I bought a 96 2 door Tahoe with what I think it's a pro Comp 6 inch lift. It has 4 inch blocks in the rear. When I stop it acts like the axle is unloading and when I take off the axle winds up.
Will re placing the blocks get rid of that axle windup??

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I have no idea what you mean by axle wind up but I'd do a shackle flip

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I run 6" pro comp and ran with the 4" blocks for a long time then switched to 5.5" blocks. I am not light on my truck by any means and have had zero issues with using blocks. Pro Comp makes leaf springs that match this lift kit fyi.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
My burb has a Pro Comp 6'' as well,no problems here,front or rear.Maybe something's loose on yours?

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Find someone that has a go pro and stick it under there facing/filming where the
U-joints meet the yolk n see what happens If anything.
Check diff fluid (pinky test)
Someone's bound to have had the same problem here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the nuts for the ubolts, make sure they are tight. Possibly a broken center pin in the leaf spring.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you are getting axle wrap.. I run 4" blocks with no issues. Try tightening your u bolts they are probably a little loose.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
If it's not axle wrap it could be in the drive line. I've seen horrible pinions that when they roll forward the ujoint spins almost half way around before the truck moves

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My RCSB has a 6inch rough country lift, with the 4.5inch blocks I was replacing u joints all the time (every 4-6 months.) Once I did a shackle flip kit, ORD is where I got mine, it changed my pinion angle back to stock and I haven't had an issue since. Ditch the blocks and stupidly long u-bolts for ORD's u-bolt flip kit while you're their.

our short rear drive shafts and lift blocks are bad combos, here is a link to ORD's kit.
http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/shacklekit.htm