Dimebag's New Job - 2000 K3500 CCLB 6.5L TD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dimebag

Reaction score
Well, I was investigating why my front carpets were getting wet so I pulled the whole dash to have a look.

The wire connector at the blower motor was burned so I replaced the motor and put a new end on the wire.

With the blower box out I found the real reason for the low flow:

You must be registered for see images attach

Big hole in the box at the firewall - I believe the heater core (you can see it in the hole) was previously replaced and the ‘tech’ didn’t know about that hard to see/reach/turn fastener and ended up breaking the housing while trying to remove the bottom of the housing.

I picked up an unmolested housing bottom, replaced both the evaporator and heater core while I was in there and reassembled it.

If you ever pull your HVAC box apart, run some sealant in the seam groove before putting it together. I did not do that and now in the winter cold intake air escapes the seam and my DW was not appreciating that. I’ve taped up the seams with Gorilla tape for now (which helps) but still a bit of cold air get through so I’ll get in there with some goo at some point and seal it up (hopefully) better.