Different exhaust systems for TBI engines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ahh nonsence i have true duals on my 92 you can do anything you think of, you just have to be careful and do it the right way. it may not be the best idea but there is ways around it. im sure you can run another o2 or somthing like that. mine was done carlessly but its not a dd either.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I mean I know its possible but my exhaust guy was going to charge out the ass for it. A standard exhaust setup for my truck is like $329. Just to have true duals and add another o2 he was wantin like 800 if I remember correctly.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run a cheap set of OBX Headers
to a Magnaflow Hi Flow Y-Pipe & Cat
to a 1in/2out quiet muffler with
2.5" custom bent & welded tubing back
with a 90 degree bend behind the wheels & welded up Corvette T-309 Stainless Tails
I like mines nice & quiet at highway speeds because drone sucks when trying to listen to music.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I mean I know its possible but my exhaust guy was going to charge out the ass for it. A standard exhaust setup for my truck is like $329. Just to have true duals and add another o2 he was wantin like 800 if I remember correctly.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
$800 for true duals ???? Wowwwwwwww......

Nothing there but bends, mufflers and tips so I say shop around for better prices.

Are you aware that your gas mileage will decrease without your O2 not connected ?
That's an automatic fail if your truck gas a emissions test.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bigg g idk who that was directed to but if it was me i live in mi, and the 92 doesnt hardly leave town. but anyway there are ways around these things. you just have to find a cheaper shop southern pride! i was told 600 was too much with me supplying stainless to do my truck, but its hard to find a good after hours shop to do illeigal work i guess lol. i would consider getting a y pipe from a 97 ecsb vortec auto trans ( they are true dual upto the muffler ) and going from there. they have 02 bungs and all. but headed home now and ill be back on shortly

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
Heres my Vortec 305 With 2.5" True duals, performance cats, flowtech muffler and chrome turn downs. Next im getting headers this year. I Had 3" single in single out magnaflow and it droned on the highway. Now its quiet and when i wnat it to be loud its loud. This video was right after i ha dit done. It Sounds even better now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg-Ye_Rwl8M

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a youtube video of the sound I like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyA7MjOBmmw&feature=related

What I've noticed is the 96+ vortec trucks (like the one in the vid) have this sound alot where as the TBI trucks (mine) could not run two seperate pipes because it only had one 02 sensor so my truck has a Y pipe with the deep droan but can't get it to sound like that one.
I've had my current exhaust on the truck since before I bought it 8 years ago. Looking to get something different just wanted some ideas.

I like that sound but after watching again the one in that video is way too loud but I like the tone and how its choppy sounding, just wondering what mufflers, cat, glasspacks or whatever help create that sound?

im not trying to diss the sound you like, but if your truck sounds like that you need to be kicked in the head, i can almost gaurentee that truck had just straight pipes....and sounds like two blown out dounut gaskests at the manifolds. trucks that sound like that are really not done up "right" and like i said i mean this in a friendly non insulting way. if i saw a truck as nice as your that sounded like that i would completley turn my head away and just think hmmm some kid got their dadys nice truck and cut the exhaust off of it apparently. i can respect that you want it to be loud, but like i mentioned there is a difference between sounding just loud and sounding good but being loud. now if i were you id get some longtubes run a stock y pipe with no cats and a flowmaster, it will be "loud" but it will still sound good! and that is what you need belive me. but if you want to sound like the guy in your link you can do that too for free, just get your sawzal and cut right in front of your cat, then take your exhaust manifold dounuts out and your set!