Denali cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So the odometer and trip quit working last night on the way. I ripped it apart again and it looks like the red connector between the two had slipped off.

Should the odometer still work unless it was in a bind. I put it all back together. I didn't notice there was flat spots on the little rods that ran from the odometer to to the trip.
You can pull that section, with the trip, and regular odometer, off of your OE console. It will fit in the Denali instrument cluster. As for the bouncing gas gauge needle, I fixed mine with some silicon differential oil, for RC cars.
Here is the 13 page write up on how to fix the bouncing gas gauge. I have a write up on that, on the last page.
Thread 'HOW TO: Fix Bouncy/Hummingbird Fuel Gauge Needle' https://www.gmt400.com/threads/how-to-fix-bouncy-hummingbird-fuel-gauge-needle.15139/

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats what I did. I swapped them from the original cluster and when I did I don't think I set the little connector between the two right and both the odometer and trip quit. I re installed it gonna test it out again and hope the odometer works. Gonna drive the truck tomorrow.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So thankfully I have some spare clusters.

I took the motor off and could just turn the gear and hear it whine. The other two little motors you coulnd't just turn the gear...swapped the motor and walla.

TXDevilDog

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that due to the cluster or the fact denalis may have came with a different size tire.

The clust reads off the speed sensor right. The sensor tells the cluster what speed to show. It would be really cool to have the 120mph cluster lol.
Cooler when it goes to 160 :)