Death Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really going to be curious if the intake does limit things as I expect, you may kick start me to figuring out something different for an intake haha.

There are some single plane intakes out there that would probably work well, it would probably just take a little messing around, and then tuning once its bolted down. The tuning would just be a little time consuming as it would completely mess up the transient fueling. The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards trying it. If I do this, a before and after dyno run would be damn interesting.

Death Dually 99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I was really considering running a single plan intake and an elbow but figured it would cause a lot of added issues but would really make more steam for sure. Kinda hoping it makes more that 420 hp but who knows with that small cam and intake might be hard to do.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I was really considering running a single plan intake and an elbow but figured it would cause a lot of added issues but would really make more steam for sure. Kinda hoping it makes more that 420 hp but who knows with that small cam and intake might be hard to do.

It very well might, I'm just shooting off the hip here. lol It could be the intake isn't a restriction and it'll make closer to 500 hp.

I just have my worries that the intake is going to choke it out much above 5000 rpm. It could be due to my stock intake ducting, but I see my MAP start to drop above 4600 rpm, I just haven't verified what it is yet.

Death Dually 99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh ok well fingers crossed lol. Just talk to the guys tuning it and they said they were about ready to put mine on the dyno. I’m like a kid the night before Christmas waiting for that call lol

Death Dually 99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes sorry for the delay
325 at the rear wheels the guy said that was probably 450 at the flywheel time it went through trans transfer and both drive shafts s d rear

Death Dually 99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a blast to drive off idle from a stop it’ll spin 12-15 then hookup and go and pulls hard. Running 55 and kick comb on it it’ll jump to 80 in no time. So far no issues or other problems. Haven’t hooked either of my trailers to it yet.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a blast to drive off idle from a stop it’ll spin 12-15 then hookup and go and pulls hard. Running 55 and kick comb on it it’ll jump to 80 in no time. So far no issues or other problems. Haven’t hooked either of my trailers to it yet.

Nice! Do you have a torque number, what rpm that was the peak power/torque at? A picture of the dyno graph would be sweet. Not surprising that the drive-line losses are pretty high.

Glad you're happy with it!