Deadbeats 1997 Centurion Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Today will be the day the cab gets primer. It was supposed to be yesterday since it was warm but it didn't happen and I didn't want to work all night spraying it, but it is ready to tack and prime.

You must be registered for see images attach

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Forgot to mention when I was taking the trim off between the a pillar and the roof skin I noticed one side would not slide up to come off the stud. Someone had glued it on because the stud was broke on the front. I like to never got it loose without damaging it. I guess I'll let the epoxy primer cure a day or so even though there are only 180 scratches and maybe either block the doors or begin to strip the hood and fenders. I think they will be easy, but I remember saying the cab and doors would be easy. I just hope all the body work is straight enough to block out and I don't have to re work anything.

DirtBag

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your persistence is unbelievable! Nice work and keep us updated!

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Thanks you for the kind enthusiasm. First coat of primer on, had a bad experience with the first application, I guess it was old primer. It fisheyed and ran terrible, so I sanded out all the runs and shot some fresh 2k urethane primer over it all. It is amazing how much better it looks with it all one color.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never understood why GM omitted those cab seams on the crew cabs. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I am not sure either, the inner structure even has the seam in it. I wasn't going to put them in but as usual, after thinking some I couldn't do it without putting them in. It took me about 2.5 hours each to weld and grind and some time to work them after that. When I weld something like that I make tiny welds spaced a few inches apart, drink a beer and let it cool. Continue that until the weld is solid, otherwise it just warps and you can't work it very easily.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I only learned yesterday by looking at a crew cab myself it didn't have the body line behind the door. At first I thought it was bondo to make the line disappear, then I looked online at other images of gmt400 crews to see that they are all like that.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
New gas lines made up tonight. Dorman numbers 800-074, 800-075, 800-306. Hold them in flaring tool holder and insert metal ends which I already had.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Painted the rocker backing plates, ready for seam sealer tomorrow and top coat the next day. It all got a wire wheel on a drill, hand wire brush, and then lacquer thinner cleanup before painting with rustoleum rusty paint. You can see where I cut out the 1 1/2 inch factory plug holes so I can run my paint gun hose in and seal whatever burned off during welding up.