Deadbeats 1997 Centurion Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
For your entertainment only, I didn't finish the patch that connects to the floor but you can clearly see the gas line, i pulled it up to look at it.

You must be registered for see images attach

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I cleaned all the welds and put the rustoleum primer over them. I'll let it dry a few days them put the fast n firm seam sealer over the seams and then put the black rustoleum or undercoating over that. My back piece fits well but I have to put the rockers and cab corners in first before I can put it in because it overlaps the cab corners. Those cab mounts are not a bad job unless you put used ones on like I did and have to drill them off the old cab. I have a little hole in the floor where it connects to the back that is seen in this picture that will not be fixed because there are plenty of places to spot weld to that are left on the lip.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Its begining to look like a truck again. Sucks I gotta pull the doors back off to trim everything in. I think I have had those doors off about 3 times now. An engine hoist with a nylon strap made taking them off and on nice and easy on the back though.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I think it took me about 6 hours to get the rockers to fit so the doors wouldn't rub. They just didn't want to go in far enough at the post.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Alright, took the cab corners back off and painted the inside with weld through primer and now I finally start welding it all up tonight. I did pick up the seams to go on the cab pillar so it isn't flat anymore. I am super slow at fixing this thing, hopefully it looks good when it is done.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I welded the passenger rocker and cab corner in earlier. I had few welds to the old backing plate that were straight up that weren't as bad as I thought they would be. But.... welding my new backing plate to the old one on the truck was nothing short of terrible. If I had a lift it would be easy but I didn't jack it up because I was afraid something would move, so I just took it and moved on. One side down, one to go.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Welding is complete except for the seam on the cab posts that I have to add. Now things will start to come back together and hopefully it will start to look like a truck again.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Took 2.5 hours but I got 1 cab seam in. I got them from the junk yard so I had to drill out the welds and they didn't fit well at all, they were from a single cab, they were close, but a little too wide.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Should be ready to bondo, weird that I am ready for it. Glad to be done welding. With some luck I may paint the cab this weekend.