Deadbeats 1997 Centurion Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Got the rest of my sheet metal ready for seam sealer tomorrow as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
POR 15 on windshield pinch weld top area. Also used my undercoating gun and hose and painted inside the rocker panels and inside the cab everywhere the 1/2 hose would fit.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I put my gas tank back on, made new fuel lines, and had to hang the rear doors back on to make sure the cab seam is straight. Put a junk fender on it so I could hook up the battery, it should go into the paint room tomorrow and paint the roof Sunday. Next will be door jambs, trim in doors, fender, hood, and paint the outside excluding the roof together.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I found this really cool seat for my truck. Ha, pulled it into the paint room and didn't feel like working on it, I'm gonna try to paint the roof this week and if I get time the door jambs openings as well.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it painted and put back together. I've read this thread front to back more times than I care to admit. Love following this build and seeing it come together.. all looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Me priming safely last night, except mask really got tasting like beer. :) I had gloves on too, that crap is not good for your skin or lungs or anything.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is a crew cab, as far as I know the back of the cab is the same on all the gmt400 cabs. I just haven't seen a source to buy the back new from. This is the area on one that isn't rusted that I need, it welds to the floor board and is bent to roll under at the bottom.

my understanding is that the back wall is shared between the reg cab & crew cab, while the ext cab have a diff back wall. this is due to the top of the wall where it meets the roof. slightly diff curvature & a different 3rd brake light assembly. but why does the crew cab not have that body line continued into the rear wall section? it looks out of place, like a bad repair.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I know the 3rd brake light assembly is different but I believe you are talking about the A pillar with the seam missing and the roof skin being slightly different. I took that rear part you have pictured out of an extended cab and used it to repair mine with and it was an exact match. That has been the big question of all crew cab owners, why leave the seam out on the A pillar just on the crews? I put it in mine but I am slow and I didn't get it perfect.