Deadbeats 1997 Centurion Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Painted the roof today, plan on painting the door jambs and rockers tomorrow. I blocked the front doors out and hope to block the back ones tomorrow as well. It would be nice to get my painting done and have all the doors reprimed.

You must be registered for see images attach

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Door jambs and top painted, just gotta get that 1 door blocked out and the fenders and hood ready, getting close now.

achevyman1956

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just looking at the console wondering what held the rear cupholder shut and realized I had lost a part between pulling it and getting it home. A small piece made of sheet metal to hold pressure on it to keep it shut, anyone have one I can buy?

Still need this piece? I have one.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Well, no new pictures, keep forgetting to take them. I put the doors in the final(hopefully) coat of primer and cleaned up my inner fenders and primed them last night, I will top coat when I get in today. I painted the firewall black with rattle cans (looks better than white) and seam sealed the interior around the rockers. I'm gonna try to trim in everything this weekend and paint it all next weekend.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Took my used fenders apart, flares off, and they are junk. I can't find new ones with the holes so I am checking junk yard to get good used ones before I buy new ones and drill the holes. I did that a long time ago on one, seems it was easiest to cut the old skin off and use it for a template on the new fender but still more work than I want to do if I can find clean fenders. Went to strip the hood I bought with the aircraft spray paint stripper, that stuff doesn't compare to the brush on aircraft, it didn't even remove all the clear.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I started putting interior back in, dumb me, if I had my headliner finished I could have put all the interior in but I still haven't taken it to be recovered yet. I put the inner fenders on and I am still blocking doors with 320/400 to get ready to paint. I bought a used set of fenders since my old ones were junk and I put one patch on one of them and painted the complete insides with my gun/hose setup. The hood is in primer and should block out ready to paint. I was hoping to paint it all this weekend but looks like it might be a couple days later than I thought, I was tired yesterday and just took my time working. It really did suck though, I was putting my interior back in and decided to try my radio and stuff out before I covered all the wires. The radio put out no sound and acted crazy. I found a couple places I had burned the speaker wires in half so I fixed them and it still acted crazy. After an hour of tracing wires and all I put a factory tape player in and it worked fine. Now I gotta check the radio straight to a battery, I have never had a speaker short out a radio but who knows.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I'd mess it up, there is a local guy who has done upholstery his whole life who usually charges me around 100 bucks.