Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
This morning: I scraped and scraped and scraped, eventually I gave up and just sat in the truck 'til it started to warm up enough and a little bit of the ice started melting so I could see. Snow I can deal with but this is just unnecessary.

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
This morning: I scraped and scraped and scraped, eventually I gave up and just sat in the truck 'til it started to warm up enough and a little bit of the ice started melting so I could see. Snow I can deal with but this is just unnecessary.

I hate ICE - I had a wild trip coming home 2 winters ago- My 2003 Sierra SBXC, I was driving down the highway doing 65 on a long sweeping corner and my truck started sliding acros lanes, no traction- I shut off the cruise, slowly eased the brakes on and off then finally just let it cost and steered as best I could while praying like there is no tomorrow - Car behind me went off the raod into the snow- 1/2 mile down the road, car in guard rails on both side of the road, and 2 or 3 more littered the medians. There was no stopping to help, it was hang on and hope I didn't share their fate. That was the worst ride I have ever had.
My mind goes into a different mode when emergencies happen- It goes into a step by step do this, no it didn;t work, do this, phase. Has saved me so many times I cant even begin to say.

I made it home fine after that ride, I was pretty shaken up.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I hate ICE - I had a wild trip coming home 2 winters ago- My 2003 Sierra SBXC, I was driving down the highway doing 65 on a long sweeping corner and my truck started sliding acros lanes, no traction- I shut off the cruise, slowly eased the brakes on and off then finally just let it cost and steered as best I could while praying like there is no tomorrow - Car behind me went off the raod into the snow- 1/2 mile down the road, car in guard rails on both side of the road, and 2 or 3 more littered the medians. There was no stopping to help, it was hang on and hope I didn't share their fate. That was the worst ride I have ever had.
My mind goes into a different mode when emergencies happen- It goes into a step by step do this, no it didn;t work, do this, phase. Has saved me so many times I cant even begin to say.

Wow, sounds terrifying!
I'd say my scariest moment was the first year I had my drivers license, I had only had it for about a month or two, we got about 10" of snow over the night and they hadn't plowed yet, I drove up on the freeway at around 5.30am (very slowly btw) and lost all traction and slid across the lanes, I was about a foot away from sideswiping a semitruck going 65mph when I got traction again and pretty much flew back across the lanes and nearly ended up in the ditch. I for sure thought I was gonna have a heartattack!
I'm really happy we have to pass an ice test before we can get our drivers license here, the ice test is to learn how to handle situations just like that, I'd be dead if we didn't have it.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

That sounds like every storm here lol

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Wow, sounds terrifying!
I'd say my scariest moment was the first year I had my drivers license, I had only had it for about a month or two, we got about 10" of snow over the night and they hadn't plowed yet, I drove up on the freeway at around 5.30am (very slowly btw) and lost all traction and slid across the lanes, I was about a foot away from sideswiping a semitruck going 65mph when I got traction again and pretty much flew back across the lanes and nearly ended up in the ditch. I for sure thought I was gonna have a heartattack!
I'm really happy we have to pass an ice test before we can get our drivers license here, the ice test is to learn how to handle situations just like that, I'd be dead if we didn't have it.
Shiit. Wish we had that. Michigan has nothing of the sort. And it shows. I bet if we had the ice test our roads would have 80% less drivers though lmao. That would severely cut into revenue. Money over safety. Seems legit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No snow or ice here. Been short sleeve weather lately, aside from all the rain.

Sent from my iPhone

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^x2.... Haven't seen any snow since I've been in texas... bought 8 or 9 years now....lol.... plenty of rain though... we need rain driving lessons here... every time it rains I am always stuck behind someone going 20-30 in a 60 when it rains....lol...

sent from what use to be a great country...

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Shiit. Wish we had that. Michigan has nothing of the sort. And it shows. I bet if we had the ice test our roads would have 80% less drivers though lmao. That would severely cut into revenue. Money over safety. Seems legit.

It's alot harder to get a drivers license here than it is in the US too. We also have a whole lot less accidents here, and most of the once we have are single accidents. My theory is that the once that have accidents are the once that have the stupid useless studless wintertires, basically summertires with a slightly different rubbermix and deeper pattern. They don't work if it's ice, lose snow or sludge which is what we have here. Even experts say the studless once aren't any good, even dangerous. Politicians love them tho cos they're so enviromental friendly... so here it's enviroment over safety.