Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Got the H2 wheels on and the tow mirrors!
You must be registered for see images attach
The bumper and fogs have been on it for over a month! First time I've actually used them tonight!
(Sorry for the ****** pic! Best I could do in the dark!)

INCREDIBLY jealous.
Are you running upgraded bulbs in them or just the stock ones? I'm about to revamp my lighting setup with some fresh bulbs and a HD harness/4HI kit.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
INCREDIBLY jealous.
Are you running upgraded bulbs in them or just the stock ones? I'm about to revamp my lighting setup with some fresh bulbs and a HD harness/4HI kit.
Just stock bulbs for in the fogs for now. Got Sylvania Super Star Ultra in the head lights, high and low. Got more light than I will ever need! Some say the blue tint in the bulbs makes them not as bright. I beg to differ. These are twice as bright as the Xtra Visions that were in there! I'm thinking about the 4 high kit just cause it's cool as hell!

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Just stock bulbs for in the fogs for now. Got Sylvania Super Star Ultra in the head lights, high and low. Got more light than I will ever need! Some say the blue tint in the bulbs makes them not as bright. I beg to differ. These are twice as bright as the Xtra Visions that were in there! I'm thinking about the 4 high kit just cause it's cool as hell!
No need for a kit. A $2 relay, spare wire, and simple soldering is all you need. Super easy

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some say the blue tint in the bulbs makes them not as bright. I beg to differ. These are twice as bright as the Xtra Visions that were in there!

I'm one of those guys. :lol: As someone who has also used both of these in my trucks (still run the XtraVisions) I have to disagree with this. The blue light may be tricking your eyes into thinking the SilverStars are brighter but trust me, they're not. The light from the XtraVisions carries a lot farther. Wish I still had some beam pics from when I was running the SilverStars but unfortunately the phone those were on died before I had a chance to save them.

If you're going to do the 4-Hi mod I'd consider contacting @gmachinz and buying a full HD headlight harness from him with that mod included. The 4-Hi is great, but the real difference comes from eliminating the voltage drop caused by the factory circuit design. My Suburban has the 4-Hi mod only and my red truck has a full HD harness, the difference is very noticeable.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Interesting site. Unfortunately I don't see anything about how they do their testing, which IMO is a little strange for a site with such a huge collection of results.

EDIT - Found it, was on my phone. Still wish they had a video explaining the test rig or at least a little more details.

From a common sense perspective, any coating on a bulb is going to block some output. And the XtraVisions are rated for the same power consumption as the SilverStar Ultras.

Back to the show, sorry for further detailing the picture thread!

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Interesting site. Unfortunately I don't see anything about how they do their testing, which IMO is a little strange for a site with such a huge collection of results.

EDIT - Found it, was on my phone. Still wish they had a video explaining the test rig or at least a little more details.

From a common sense perspective, any coating on a bulb is going to block some output. And the XtraVisions are rated for the same power consumption as the SilverStar Ultras.

Back to the show, sorry for further detailing the picture thread!
Hey! To each his own! :cheers: Also sorry for de-railing the thread! Let's get back to the pics!

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
First one was bout a week ago. 2nd 2 are yeaterday.

Sent from the bottom of a Jack Daniel's bottle.