Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He started spraying the rocker guard today also. I wasn’t going to have it done, but eventually I’ll be running a mud tire and really don’t want my fresh paint getting peppered with stones.

Seeing some color really got me excited, even if it’s just the base color. He said once this cures, you can scuff it and then spray your base coat right over it.

You must be registered for see images attach

That is definitely worth it for wider mud tires, they pick up every stone and chuck it up under your sills, this stuff just adsorbs the impact with no chipping and exposing bare metal.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
This is one of the coolest posts I have ever read here. I hope you like it when it is done. I also hope you don't repaint it...it has so much character in it original skin. Good luck with everything.
There’s a lot of history with this truck. When it gets painted I’m going with red and no two tone. It’s going to be getting lifted when it’s all said and done. If it was going to stay factory height I would have left the two tone, but it’s time to change things for the better.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I deleted my post from last night because I couldn't find the right words. It sounded like I was being critical which is definitely not the point. So today, in my soberness, I'm trying again.

That second primer pic that I linked above is way interesting to me. I usually hate the look of saw blades, but that primer color matching the saw blades color/reflection so closely transforms the saw blades into a completely different looking wheel (to me), with a much better impact. Which leads me to question if anyone has painted saw blades to match body color, especially a light color? I can't find anything on some quick search engine looking. But very cool and something I will remember.

Sorry for hijack, love this thread.

Last edited:

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Well yesterday was the day…..paint work has officially started!!! Buddy sent me some Snapchats of the work while he was in the spray booth so excuse the emojis lol.

I don’t have a tailgate photo, but he welded up all of the screw holes from the plastic bedliner that was attached. Should clean it up nicely. These are the only two photos I have currently.

Backside of all the panels have been painted, but paintwork hasn’t actually started on the outward areas or the cab yet.