Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
There was some body damage on the passenger bedside of the bed I picked up in Alabama. Luckily it was able to be fixed with a very light coat of filler to finish it up.

You must be registered for see images attach

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like all of the body work is done for the most part. The roof was completely void of any clear coat so he’s going to work on that, but sounds like he wants to have it in primer in the next week or so.

I’m going to have a hell of a detail to do on the interior when it’s finished :p

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I realize the glass has been removed, but I would be pretty upset about the interior being exposed to sanding dust, etc. Makes me nervous thinking about having my truck painted.
Seeing as it’s only dust, I’m not too concerned. I stopped in today to take a look at the truck and he must have been reading my mind because he apologized about the interior. Looking back I would have preferred a blanket or something over the seats, but at the end of the day it can all be cleaned later.

Last edited:

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Stopped over at the shop today to take a look at the truck and drop off my new grille. You guys have already saw photos like this, but maybe not from this angle.

Seeing it in person today just makes me that much more excited for the final result :)

He also welded up the pinholes inside the fender lips from the chrome trim and is smoothing them out for a cleaner look.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I had a couple Snapchat updates sent to me last night. My buddy worked on Saturday so he could get the rear window pulled before he lays down some primer.

He was able to finally get the roof sanded down too. I know I keep saying it, but primer should be coming soon. They’ve been getting swamped with work so this got put on the back burner for awhile lol. I’m in no hurry to have it back anyway since I won’t drive it until late spring.

Last edited:

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Well the truck is finally one solid color…it’s in primer!! One step closer….

Don’t mind the panel gaps lol. Doors are just lightly bolted on and everything else is just sitting there. Honestly I’m really excited to see how the doors sit with the new Cunningham Machine parts I ordered :p

Last edited:

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
He started spraying the rocker guard today also. I wasn’t going to have it done, but eventually I’ll be running a mud tire and really don’t want my fresh paint getting peppered with stones.

Seeing some color really got me excited, even if it’s just the base color. He said once this cures, you can scuff it and then spray your base coat right over it.