Custom Equalizer panel for factory cd slot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Built this for my tahoe and allot of people asked me about it, if y'all want i can make another one for my new truck and do a writeup on it if anyone wants to know. Fills the factory cd player/cubbyhole slot. Is removable and not hard to make.
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice job. That is where I installed a pocket replacement, I got from my local car audio store, and where I keep my remote for my stereo when I park my truck for the night.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Nice job. That is where I installed a pocket replacement, I got from my local car audio store, and where I keep my remote for my stereo when I park my truck for the night.
I couldn't stand a pocket, it would end up filled with clutter in my truck. :Big Laugh:

Running two amps, wanted something different. Power switch for amps and factory Rockford Fosgate bass and treble adjusters. :dancingpoop::dancingpoop::dancingpoop:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the idea. I am just running 1- 680 watt Pioneer amp pushing 1 Sony 10 Explod in a custom bed liner coated box behind the back seat, but I am almost 58 years old too, so I want good clean sound. My head unit (Pioneer also) is blue tooth. Love that. I replaced the OE speakers with Pioneers a long time ago. I like looking at other peoples mods. I like when you do a mod, and it looks like it could be OE, until you look close, or you know the difference.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i'd like to see a writeup. i also like seeing other peoples mods. i have a 93, no amps and crappy speakers. that might change if the right idea comes along. and i'm 52, still a youngster.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
I like the idea. I am just running 1- 680 watt Pioneer amp pushing 1 Sony 10 Explod in a custom bed liner coated box behind the back seat, but I am almost 58 years old too, so I want good clean sound. My head unit (Pioneer also) is blue tooth. Love that. I replaced the OE speakers with Pioneers a long time ago. I like looking at other peoples mods. I like when you do a mod, and it looks like it could be OE, until you look close, or you know the difference.
i'd like to see a writeup. i also like seeing other peoples mods. i have a 93, no amps and crappy speakers. that might change if the right idea comes along. and i'm 52, still a youngster.

Yes! I wanted it to look like modern factory equip. It might sound like it was crazy, but it was built for pure sound quality. I sold that truck already. But it had kenwood 160w components in all four doors and dual Rockford fosgate p3 12s in a custom fit sealed box. Planning to put a similar system in my current truck, already ordered a pioneer head unit . I'll do a write up when I make one.