custom bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
alright for a backyard guys first time welding/fabricating, cant be afraid to do anything you want.

Hey, I think that looks AWESOME!! Any pics of it on your truck?

I've been thinking of making my own lately and this looks almost exactly like what I had in mind. Could you please post the dimensions??

fredrico

Reaction score
Ive never welded any thing before nor do I know how to weld, I'm fortunate enough to have acess to a new mig. Ive wanted to do this for a while but couldnt access the metal to do it, fortunaly I rearended a car with my truck hauling my fathers bobcatwhile working..mind you for him. the car i hit got got wrote off, the accident was truld an accident, my 1/2ton shouldnt have been hauling his gear. I got a 500 donor truck out of the him for the front clip and we had been talking about building a bumper for a while so the free steel was a givin. The bumper started out as a 8'x24'' sheet of 3/16 steel with two bends in it; from the inside edge of the bumper 5 1/4 with a 90degree bend: the other two measurements are in the pics below, I'm unsure of the angle of the second bend, i just got a welding rod and bent it to the angle I desired.

You must be registered for see images attach

Face of bumper, heigth from top to bend

From bottom edge of face to bend

overall length, top view

Side heigth

side length

top of face depth, and from inside edge of bumper to grille
3'' is the depth of the bumper for the face on the edge of bumper
to get my degrees of the sides of the face i just mocked up a peice of cardbord on the top of the bumper, cut the pie shape out and cut the top the same as the cardboard, heated it up and bended it in till she met

width of center of the bumper just a bit bigger the the frame width. the rest of the measuments should be fairly easy to conjour up. I added a couple triangular peices underneath around the edges of the figures. If i could build the bumper over; the underneath two big triangular figures on the sides would be four-sided figures.
Here are a few picks of it on my chevy, I have yet to buy two more ridgid duallys.

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks like it... I wouldnt use the factory bumper mounts. I would build new ones.