Crew cab rear seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
How come? I don't see an advantage? Am I missing something?

Sent from the surface of the sun

Since they fold forward and flat, you have a load surface so to speak - that isn't your seat cushions / back. I think you might gain a little bit of width and height as well. Plus, you'll get rear-cup holders.

The biggest plus for me would be loading the dog in the truck, i could have him use that load platform instead of the seat itself. Not that its that big of a deal he's a good dog anyway.

mchlgriffith

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
also u could fold one portion of the rear seat flat and leave the other side up so someone can ride back there.

Mrmayhem52

Reaction score
i just finished converting my 99 obs crew cab to flat folding rear seats out of a 99 tahoe.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I'm doing the same thing in my obs crew cab. Do those seats from the 99 Tahoe have the safety clips for seat belts?

Mrmayhem52

Reaction score
i just finished converting my 99 obs crew cab to flat folding rear seats out of a 99 tahoe.

Do those have the metal clips/brackets for car seats by any chance?

94Chevyshorty

Reaction score
If your looking for that setup, most dodge rams with the backseat like the 98 ram area.. you can fabricate the mounts and put a dodge seat in there, they have the little cubie underneath the seat, buddy of mine keeps his rifles under there.