Cordless Drills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

IMHO the best cordless drill I've ever used. 28v Milwaukee. I made a 1/2" body lift for my truck out of 1/2" plate a 2" hole saw and a 4" hole saw. Any drill that can turn a 4" hole saw through thick plate 6 times on one battery without a problem is money in my book.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

IMHO the best cordless drill I've ever used. 28v Milwaukee. I made a 1/2" body lift for my truck out of 1/2" plate a 2" hole saw and a 4" hole saw. Any drill that can turn a 4" hole saw through thick plate 6 times on one battery without a problem is money in my book.

Yeah that's a workout for a cordless for sure!

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We've had it for like 3 years and its still going strong. If I can remember it was like $375 for the drill, 2 batteries and a case. Then there was a deal where you sent in the receipt and you could pick a second tool for free so we got a cordless angle grinder too. It's more than paid for itself and well worth the money.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you don't need anything that's a mega power house I would recommend the drill that I've got. It's something like a 12V (IIRC) Lithium-Ion Hitachi. Before you mock it let me say that for the size of this thing it is a beast! It will do 90% of what my dad's 18V Ridgid will do but weighs tons less and is much more manageable for the smaller stuff. If you frequently put in long wood screws and stuff I would say to just get a cordless impact driver for the higher torque stuff. While those big cordless drills are nice they are a big pain for the smaller stuff. For big stuff (like drilling holes through thick metal and stuff) A corded tool is the best.
My little Hitachi was only like $99 from Lowes IIRC That's a big plus. I also think that it is made Makita and it looks similar to the Makita that was pictured earlier in this thread (mine's green)

IMO get a smaller but good cordless drill that saves you some money so you can get a decent impact driver and corded drill.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone's still looking but I would HIGHLY recommend Milwaukee. I use drills every day and IMO Dewalt has declined severely in the past 4-5 years. The biggest problem for me are the chucks. After a while they just don't grip like they should.

x2 on the V28 Milwaukee. I bought one for our shop when they came out. I **** you not I turned a 4" reamer for a hole we had to clean up on an aircraft with little to no problem. But for the average homeowner an 18V Li-ion is more than enough.

My vote is Milwaukee or Ridgid.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the Milwaukee stuff at work, all 28 and 18V stuff. the electrical places like Fastenal and such usually have deals and you could get one through work too.
I bought my dad a Porter Cable 18v drill and it has worked great for over a year now

RnuovZ71

Where does that bolt go?
Reaction score
Last edited: