Cordless Drills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peterbilt1387

Reaction score
MAKITA ALL THE WAY!!!

http://www.google.com/products/cata...log_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CDkQ8gIwAQ#

Im a diesel tech and i have two sets of these, there awesome. I use them every day. They have fallen 10 feet and still work, im a firm believer in Makita products. The only thing i did was buy the 2.5 amp hour upgraded batts just because i work 12 hour days and just the **** out of these tools. I have a dewalt impact and 1/2 cordless drill that i tryed out and did not like now they just sit in my box.

You will not be disappointed in these tools.

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
I forget which brand it was, But I ran over one of my brothers drills in the EXP years ago. I think he still uses it to this day.

My personal choice has always been DeWalt. Love my 18V cordless drill and corded hammer drill (That thing will rip your arm off if you aren't paying attention :) ) I use the DeWalt Impact at work and all sorts of other cordless drills from them. Smoked the motor in my old 12V a couple times drilling stainless, But they always rebuild them fast. Once I got the 18V, I have had no problems with materials holding up the drill.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
I forget which brand it was, But I ran over one of my brothers drills in the EXP years ago. I think he still uses it to this day.

it was a Black and Decker i got a garage sale for like $2. i still have it and it still works as far as i know. haven't touched it in years cause i like pops Ryobi's more.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Ive heard the newer Dewalt stuff isnt as good as the older stuff....I have a 6 year old 18v that ive put through the ringer a few times. Ridgid is made by Milwaukee just orange plastic instead of red. Which I might add will be replacing my old setup if it ever dies

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really surprised I havent toasted a battery yet. And I use it alot. Or rather say abuse it alot

davbell22602

1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Reaction score
I bought a combo cordless set couple years ago. It has the circular saw, sawzall, flashlight and drill w/ 2 18v batteries. The batteries are junk. They drain to easy. Better off spending the extra money and getting the dewalt. I bought this from Walmart. I wish saved my money and got the dewalt.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the 18v Dewalt stuff, and I have some older and some newer stuff, the newer batteries are crap, but to me the tool's are the same quality, I would like to have the 24v Dewalt setup though, because it has an attachment that when all of your batteries are dead or charging will pop on the bottom and plug in to the wall so all of their tool's become dual puprose corded and cordless.

Badass69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/...artial&Ntx=mode+matchall&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber

I bought that kit to use around home, and am pretty confident it will last as long as I do. I use the same XRP 3 speed hammerdrill at work it's been just flat out awesome. Mine is used and abused rolling around in my truck for the last 4 years and still going strong. I do maintenance and construction for mostly oilfield and coal clients and I have zero complaints.

The cheaper line Dewalts have a poorer transmission and a crappy chuck. The Lithium ion batteries will pop right into those tools as well, but I have no problem with the Ni Cd ones either. We are a extremely large company and have tons of these drills along with all the other tools. Hilti is meh...... I think they are pretty chincy in comparison to the Dewalts. We don't buy Milwaukee, Hitachi, Makita or otherwise but I think they are pretty decent quality too.

Spend more now and save headaches later.

rmcc

Reaction score
Dewalt or Makita, have used both and prefer the Makita. anything else is :poop: imo