Coolant sensor and coolant gauge help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just completely re-loomed my harness on my 92. Mine has a single black wire that runs over top of the driver side valve cover tying into the alternator wires and then the a/c wire and other temporary sensor wire. All of those wires run parallel to the passenger side valve cover to the fire wall.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So its a single dark green wire that goes from the sensor, ties into the wiring harness for the alt then joins the AC harness as well? any pics by chance?

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about the duplicates. There are two locations on the firewall where wires come through one on each side. Most likely the green wire will trace back to the plug on drivers side of the firewall. Not positive on that but it's logical sense that is closest to the gauges.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those pics look awesome! Will you come redo my harness too? [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicklatech

cummins in a chevy
Reaction score
Sorry about the duplicates. There are two locations on the firewall where wires come through one on each side. Most likely the green wire will trace back to the plug on drivers side of the firewall. Not positive on that but it's logical sense that is closest to the gauges.

does that temp sensor plug on the head have a blue clip?

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those pics look awesome! Will you come redo my harness too? [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was seriously the most PITA thing I have done so far. If you decide to do it, take lots of pictures of how everything is routed before you take anything apart. I took zero pictures and regretted it everytime I had to reroute everything until it all fit.