Coolant sensor and coolant gauge help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hm no luck there for me... does anyone have a non gorgeously loomed engine bay with a pic or two? I have two wires grounded on the thermostat housing and im not sure they both should be there. i definitely don't have a clip like that anywhere.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hm no luck there for me... does anyone have a non gorgeously loomed engine bay with a pic or two? I have two wires grounded on the thermostat housing and im not sure they both should be there. i definitely don't have a clip like that anywhere.

Yeah. Both ground on the intake. Not sure what they are for but that is where the go.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a (green and black ) color and plug match, but it looks like its on the light harness

I found the green and black wire you are talking about. It's on a black plug with blue clip. My coolant sensor has a single wire gray plug with blue clip.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the green and black wire you are talking about. It's on a black plug with blue clip. My coolant sensor has a single wire gray plug with blue clip.

There are actually two of those plugs on the light harness. I assume they are for the headlights.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wrong it is a single wire blue plug not gray.

You must be registered for see images attach

nicklatech

cummins in a chevy
Reaction score
i found another one on the same light harness that is the right colors (green and black) and also proper plug type. I'll start fishing behind the engine to see if it got lost back there

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of what I am looking at. I dont see any dark green all the way back to the main harness on the passenger side... Doesnt appear we would even have the same plug?

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of what I am looking at. I dont see any dark green all the way back to the main harness on the passenger side... Doesnt appear we would even have the same plug?

Top picture is your knock sensor. The black single wire plug in the bottom picture plugs onto it. It's a weird plug.