CODE 44 - Lean Exhaust? Low oxygen sensor voltage..350 TBI code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright I went got the IAC valve $50 :/ and replaced although it came with some terrible directions that were confusing me. I noticed on installation that one of the 4 prongs that connects into the IAC was broken. The prong itself looked to be intact but the little circular plastic cover that goes around the prong was broken..I put it back on best I could, put the new IAC in and put it on...Started it up and it idled and ran just like before....Which was excellent. I drove it for about 10-15 minutes maybe, so I'm about to go check the code.

If it's still giving the code, maybe there is something goin on with that prong on the plug that I described. Anyway, here goes nothin!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn...it's still showing the code. So I installed the new IAC, fired it right up drove for about 10-15 minutes. SO after I got the code I went and disconnected the battery...I'll give it 10-15 minutes I guess? Then once I go plug the battery back up should I actually start it and drive it, then check the code? Or hook the battery up and go straight to checking the code? The truck is driving excellent so that's good.

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
you should have disconnected the battery before installing the new iac...the original code was still stored...it wont go away until you clear it...

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay cool. I did just disconnect the battery and it's been about 10 minutes. See I was confused because you said the computer should recognize it immediately...so I thought it was bad that it was still showing the code. Also, the exhaust lean code this thread was originally about went right away after I left the exhaust shop today and all it showed was this IAC code, so I was confused on how it works. I should be good to go hook up the battery any minute.

When I do re hook the battery up should I start it and let it run, then check it? Or hook it up and just check it without starting the truck.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great. I've got to go run some errands anyway. Gonna go pick up some dinner, eat, and then I'll check that code!!! God I hope I've cleared em all.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Yea sounds like a pain. But it also sounds like you almost have it all figured out. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about the IAC

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh its no sweat bro no rush its not like the truck is running bad at all. I'm out eating when I get back gonna re connect battery and see what's what!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nooo more codes!!! It jist kept blinking 12 which is 1 blink then 2 blinks so I'm not getting anymore and the truck feels like its runnin perdecto