CODE 44 - Lean Exhaust? Low oxygen sensor voltage..350 TBI code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude thanks alot for hanging with me and supplying pics that was awesome. Been meaning to ask you did you paint the accsry brackets and valve covers while your motor was in the truck? I've been thinking about givin mine a nice touch up all iber! Lemme know!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah damn...I sort of figired cuz it looks good. I wish I could do mine but it seems like it'd be near impossible with all the wires and such.

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
it can be done while still in the truck, it'll just be harder....btw, all the wiring harnesses unplug/unbolt from the engine and can be moved out of the way...you must clean the engine very good before painting, otherwise it's not gonna stick...

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I tell ya what really needs it on mine is the intake manfold...looks terrible. I dunno whether to upgrade or just paint mine but its like black in spots cuz its hardly been cared for

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I would prop cardboard as a backing then mask off with clear plastic sheeting....engine degreaser is your friend and there's virtually no such thing as too much(unless you don't like cleaning up pools of degreaser on your intake, haha). If you're stripping, use the stripper(lacquer thinner) BEFORE the final degreasing, lacquer thinner leaves an oily finish that needs degreased. You then can start prepping to prime by using self-etch primer, finding a primer closer to the color you're going will make for less coats required. This is based on if you're doing it without removing parts. If you remove valve covers and other parts, then you can skip the masking off part mentioned above. Are you going to be running single stud open element? If you're converting, I have an extra single stud conversion kit I'll send ya.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No I'm not gonna be removing anything especially for paint. Really I want some long tube headers to get rid of my brick looking stock exhaust manifolds, then some nice Chevrolet valve covers, and then I'll probably just get a nice new intake manifold to top it off. Mine right now is in rouughhhh shape. Not worth painting and It seems like trying to paint with everything in there would be much more of a pain that int's worth. I really just want to dress the motor up along with a little performance with the headers and intake...I'm not really wanting to get too deep into it with vortec heads and all the extra work to make my egr work, etc etc. Just not worth it for this motor I don't think but it is worth opening it up a bit and have it lookin good! I'm pretty happy with it's performance right now so I think headers, intake and chip will be enough for me.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If you chip it, have them remove the emissions sensoring and stuff. Then you don't have to worry bout your egr :evillol:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright fellas well it has been about 2 weeks or so since I put in the new IAC valve. I get home after pulling the trailer allllll day and right as I look up to pull it away from the trailer the CEL is on. Then I drive it up a couple feet and shut the garage and the CEL is back off. So, I go and get my little key and check the code. It's a code 35 Idle Air Control Valve circuit fault or whatever AGAIN! What do yall think? Truck runs magnificent.