CODE 44 - Lean Exhaust? Low oxygen sensor voltage..350 TBI code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay awesome this was helpful as ****. Your awesome. I'll go check those right quick here's my IAC valve
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm not sure though...When they give me a new one what exactly do I replace because my IAC looks pretty wired up. Is it something inside of there? Not to crucial, I'll figure it out. I'll let you know about my ground wires in 1 second. Ill take a pic of those also :D

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
this is the iac valve...

You must be registered for see images

just gently unscrew it from the throttle body with a pair of channel lock pliers...

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahhh okay I see! Welp I went and checked those ground wires...and while I don't think they were in the exact location that yours were, they were in tact and everything...Nothing was broken or whatever. I don't have a test light if you meant to test it that way so let me know and maybe I can get them to test the grounds up @ autozone. Here's mine
You must be registered for see images attach

Also I did loosen that bolt and pulled the wires out away from that hose, cuz as you can see they were right up on it....Tightened it back down and here I am. Bout to head up to autozone after I hear back from ya.

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
oh yeah, i moved mine to the outside intake bolts, stock location is on the thermostat cover bolts if i recall...yours look to be in good shape...

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay great so you think I'm good to go ahead and replace her...Question, once I do replace it how long should I give the computer before I check to see if it fixes the code? Anything to speed up that process? Thanks a million man. Really helped me out on this one!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will do that. However, I'm on my way to autozone to pick this damn thing up...I'll replace it, then clean the grounds well and drive it around...How long do you think it will take the CPU to recognize it's all good and not throw a code? Immediately? Any special things I need to do like the remove the battery cables for a while? I'm heading out! I'll check back in a minute after I pick this thing up.