CODE 44 - Lean Exhaust? Low oxygen sensor voltage..350 TBI code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, most repair/exhaust shops also can replace those studs in exhaust flange. Last I had a shop replace one, it was $25/stud to replace including cost of parts/labor....which isn't bad considering the location(lack of space) ya gotta work around.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its the exhaust leak thats causing it my sons truck had a leak at the donut gasket an a crack in y plpe just before the o2, caused the code i welded the pipe fixed donut leak cleared code all is good

Thanks for the re assurance. I called the exhaust shop and the boss man aint there but the sketchy dude that did the deal for me the first time answered the phone I think. I don't want to get him fired I just want to get my exhaust fixed...I may try to call back and see if he can get someone to re do it because it is just god awful. This way I get my exhaust fixed and he doesn't have to deal with his boss.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, most repair/exhaust shops also can replace those studs in exhaust flange. Last I had a shop replace one, it was $25/stud to replace including cost of parts/labor....which isn't bad considering the location(lack of space) ya gotta work around.

Yep good I remember when this shop originally did my exhaust, he said he'd do it for $35-40/ per doughnut to fix and I thought that was a pretty good deal!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just talked to the owner! Thank the lord bringing it in tomorrow @ 9 a.m. to get fixed along with new o2 and exhaust doughnut fixed :D

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp I went to the exhaust shop this morning. They found 5 pin hole leaks in the actual exhaust so they patched those up. Then the main leak was the exhaust manifold gasket thing that I need a bolt put in. Well the bolt is broke off in there and they couldn't do it today for some reason but the guy put a wrench in between the two pipes for leverage and pushed the pipe over until it closed the gasket a little and voulah! No exhaust leak noise. Sucks they couldn't fix it the right way but he said I may try and just put a C clamp on there to fix it. So I did and it worked! No more annoying ass exhaust leak! SOoo then I go to see if the code is still there and it isn't :D but guess what? NOW there's a new code! lol code 35 = idle air control sensor circuit fault...So I'm about to go to autozone and see if I can purchase one of these but I have no idea where it goes? You familiar with this at all? I don't know what it is or what it does even?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, could this faulty idle air control valve circuit have something to do with all the new airflow that's coming into the throttle body from the powercharger and TB spacer? I broke one of the 3 TB bolt heads off the other night tightening it all back down...Good news is I was able to get it all buttoned up and tight, but bad news is if this IAC valve is down in the TB, I'm FUUUUUUU****** so let me know if there's a way I can remove it to try and clean it or something without having to remove the TB!!

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
don't replace the idle control valve yet...this is very important...Make absolutely sure that your ground wires on top of the intake are good..these grounds will cause all kinds of crazy codes, and running issues...

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
don't replace the idle control valve yet...this is very important...Make absolutely sure that your ground wires on top of the intake are good..these grounds will cause all kinds of crazy codes, and running issues...

Ok man. Thanks a ton for the quick advice. I broke one of the 3 Throttle body bolt heads off the other night :/ so good news is it's all on and good and tight but next time I need to remove the throttle body.....I have a little problem. Will I need to remove it to replace the IAC if it gets to that point? Please say no. Thanks again, and where the jeebus can I find these ground wires? Very new to all this motor modification stuff sorry. I know they're on top of the intake but are they on the front of the intake infront of the Throttle body or where directional wise? It is possible I messed with one putting on those parts the other night.

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
the iac valve is easy to remove/replace..it's on the throttle body, right behind the throttle position sensor...

You must be registered for see images

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh okay! Perfect. Thank jeebus if I had needed to take the TB back off I would of been in a wooorrrllllddd of trouble! Where exactly are these "grounds" on it? I can go check and make sure it's plugged in correctly and all but I'm not sure about any other grounds or wiring for it?? THANKS ALOT BRO! I'm going to go check now. Hell, I'll even snap a picture.