ChrisAU's '98 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsoderstrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I say on an A/t or M/T tire white letter out is great. But for a bone stock looking ride I think you may be better off letter in.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well today I discovered that my ball joints are brand new (BIG plus) and my dirty headliner cleaned up super easy.

I wasn't sure if my CVX's would fit under the rear seat because the grills that I use stick out about 3/4" above the lip of the bottom of the box, so the box sits up on the grills. Put them in the truck today though and it fits perfectly! Honestly if I had used any other grills or no grills I would have been pissed because there would have been a gap between the box and the seat. I also got the amp mounted on the back wall and the ground for said amp installed.

USPS lost my RCA cables, so I picked up some at Advance when I went to get some 5W-30 Havoline, some Mobile 1 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Oil, and a rear diff gasket. I am going to try to do the radio and finish the amp install tomorrow after class.

Meanwhile, UPS lost my Amazon package that had my new AC Delco cap, rotor, wires, and fuel filter in it. A simple chat with Amazon customer service and they sent out the same order with overnight shipping today. I gotta give it to those guys, it was an excellent experience with their customer service. UPS before I called Amazon, not so much.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it doesn't have raised purple lettering, your doing it wrong...

Honestly, i have no opinion and could care less about your tires lettering, it is a nice solid truck. I wish trucks like that could e found up here in the north east.

What are the plans with the 92, I know you spent some $$ on it lately. are you simply swapping everything over and selling or keeping one as a project?

Again, nice truck, looks good.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
It was a very hard shift from 1-2 if I stayed on the highway without stopping for a long time. Doesn't seem to be something brought on by heat, because I can drive it around town all day with no problem. All I had to do was cut the truck off and cut it back on and it would be fine, no cooling time.

I am hopeful that the Lucas worked, I drove it 25 miles without stopping last night a
fter I put it in and it did fine!
Chris, my truck did that same exact thing except a little more often when warm, it turned out to be my Throttle Position Sensor, definitely check that before taking it to a transmission shop for diagnosis, hope this helps you out.

3dit: Before I changed the TPS, I used to kill the truck and start it back up right away to get it to shift normal.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my keyless remote in today and programmed it, incredibly easy, and awesome! Waiting on my RCA cables I ordered to do my radio/subs and headlight switch while I have the bezel off. My tires will be here Wednesday, hope to get them on Thursday and get an alignment. The balljoints look new but I didn't think to look if the uppers are bolted in which would be a dead give away because its raining so hard outside.

I also got this in today:

You must be registered for see images attach

Its a sales brochure from '98, just cool to look at and have.

I also ordered some tan Husky floor liners today!

thats funny I just picked up a 94 sales brochure for mine the other day.

get em while you can folks :cheers:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Chris, my truck did that same exact thing except a little more often when warm, it turned out to be my Throttle Position Sensor, definitely check that before taking it to a transmission shop for diagnosis, hope this helps you out.

3dit: Before I changed the TPS, I used to kill the truck and start it back up right away to get it to shift normal.

On your 98?

And I don't want to jinx it, but it has been doing awesome since I added the Lucas!

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Yessir on my 98, it started as a once in a blue moon type of thing but after a while it got pretty regular. If it corrects itself when you turn the key off with no cool down time, its definitely an electrical issue.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yessir on my 98, it started as a once in a blue moon type of thing but after a while it got pretty regular. If it corrects itself when you turn the key off with no cool down time, its definitely an electrical issue.

That deserves some rep.... could save him a $1600 rebuild!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score

I'll def try that if it shows up again. I'm thinking that shutting it off was relieving pressure. It was just weird because it would only do it on long highway trips, which of course suggest a heat problem, but then you shut it off and its fine. Could be the TPS frying itself I suppose? Someone at FSC mentioned that.