ChrisAU's '98 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Not really. I'm thinking they put water in it, and it was a little low when I bought the truck. Going to have it flushed soon, maybe tomorrow when I get my tires put on.

just going to say it again, white letters out... lol :rotflmao:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
They'll be white letters out, especially since the lettering on these Coopers looks kinda bad*ss compared to other tires...

You must be registered for see images attach

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Alright, worked into the wee hours of the night again, snapped some pics before work this morning though:

I got the tires mounted and balanced and a coolant flush done, then later last night I put my new headlights in, put in my Husky floor liners, and my dash mat. I am really impressed with the fit of both the husky floor liners and the dash mat. They look great. The dashmat could stand to be a bit darker of a color, but hey, it was $9. I haven't velcro'd any of it down yet and there are a few parts that curve up a bit that I want to do, but its nothing major. I do have a problem with my headlights, they are pointed at the sky. I think I may have missed the bottom hole of the headlights when reinserting the pins, I'm going to have to pull the grill and check and possible put the brackets on that came with them, I just reused the factory brackets without taking the grill off.

Also, the place I had mount and balance my tires and do a coolant flush yesterday said that they couldn't do an alignment because my UCA bushings were worn out. They don't look bad to me and I'm going to take it somewhere Monday for a 2nd opinion.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
Looks good man 9 dollar dash mat is a good price

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Looks good man 9 dollar dash mat is a good price

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah it was an Amazon Warehouse Deal, $9.61 with two-day shipping. Only thing wrong with it was the velcro was missing ha. $3 at wal-mart and I'm good. And it is the Ultimat, Dash Mat's highest.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Looks great Chris. Got the subs in yet? And that alignment shop is probably just trying to make an extra dollar and your right there's probably nothing wrong with them.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Looks great Chris. Got the subs in yet? And that alignment shop is probably just trying to make an extra dollar and your right there's probably nothing wrong with them.

Yeah they are in and they are LOUD AS FAWK haha. I need to get a pic of it. Next week I plan on hopefully getting the exhaust and tint done, as well as an alignment. Also want to seafoam, then change oil, plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, cap, and rotor. And change out rear differential fluid.