ChrisAU's '98 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well on the way to this class today it started shifting hard, and I hadn't been running long and it was stop and go traffic. I pulled over, cut it off and it cut it right back on and it shifted perfectly for the rest of the trip. Just ordered a new Delphi TPS.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well all went well installing my subs and cd player (will post pics tomorrow), butttt one thing. The passenger side carpet is pretty wet all under the front floorboard. I pulled up as much as I could without taking the seats out and pressed it with a whole roll of paper towels but its still pretty soggy under there. There was so much in the door sill that I drilled a drain hole.

Now, it appears that the heater core was replaced pretty recently, and the carpet did slightly smell of weak antifreeze. The cover on the heater box was hanging down a bit (someone didn't put the back screws back in) and I pulled a couple more screws and the heater core looks brand new. I pulled the carpet way back and ran the truck and no leaks were apparent. The bottom tray of the heater box was dry also. I then poured a lot of water all over the door and windshield on that side and none if it came down the firewall or ended up in the floor.

So, I'm thinking it busted not long ago and it just wasn't cleaned up, but does that sound plausible?

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds like either the heater core was busted and leaked, or the ac drain is clogged

have you ran the ac alot lately?

the evaporator sweats, and the water drains off that down the drain onto the ground, hence why you see it drip when the ac runs

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
could be old antifreeze on the carpet. i would bet the ac case is leaking. probably from where those screws are missing!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a screw in the wiper cowl that leaks water into the box by the blower motor too. But not that much. I would bet they just didn't take the time to clean it up after replacing the core....

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my bet is the heater core then, it probably went out the the previous owner didnt realize it till the carpet was wet one day

does the coolant look fresh?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Not really. I'm thinking they put water in it, and it was a little low when I bought the truck. Going to have it flushed soon, maybe tomorrow when I get my tires put on.