ChrisAU's '98 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well as most of you know, I went to Tupelo, MS, to pick up a new-to-me '98 K1500 ESCB this past Friday. It will be my DD. Big thanks to Kyle (90chevstepside) for checking it out for me!

It only has 113k on it, its a 3 door with the 5.7L. The body and interior are in pretty good shape for a 14 year old truck. I was duped on the fact that something is up with the transmission that is only noticeable after long trips, but we'll see how that plays out. I love driving it!

Some pics of how I got it:

You must be registered for see images attach

Today, after adding my tag, new park lamps, and the new taillights off my '92, as well as my toolbox off the '92:

New OEM replacement headlights are on the way as well. I have a new muffler on the way to that will take it back to stock sound, going to have it dumped under the bed so you won't see the exhaust tips anymore. I have a new Pioneer DEH-9400BH to put in it, along with the dash kit, wiring harness, cd delete pocket, antenna adapter, etc. Just waiting on my RCA's to come in before I put it in. Going to throw my Kicker CVX 10's out of the back of my Tahoe under the seat in a box I got...they fit in the box, but not sure about how they'll fit under the back seat, we'll see. Also got a new headlight switch ready to go in while I have the dash bezel off.

I've also ordered a new set of 265/75-16 Cooper Discoverer ATP's to put on, the tires on it in the pics you see are worn out 265/70-16's, so the new ones will be 1"-1.5" taller and will look much better IMO. It needs an alignment so I'm gonna get that done when I get the new tires mounted and balanced.

I think that its for now. I plan on getting tint, but that may be a bit if I have to drop a lot of money into the transmission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yup sold my Tahoe and I just have two right now, but I've had 4 total ha. You can see my '92 in the background of one of those pics haha

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
That was my 2nd one which I consider my first truck because I only had my '93 RCSB for a month. I love that pic and that truck is why I love OBS trucks.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Very clean truck. Any other plans for it so far?