ChrisAU's '98 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Eat up. The whine had gotten worse, it was near about unbearable on my way to drop it off last night. Guy called this morning and said the carrier bearing on the pass side was pretty bad and had angled the diff down and damaged the carrier bearing on the drivers side too.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Got it back last night, rear end is quiet as it can be! Also now have a new serpentine belt, t-stat, and water pump. It idles a lot smoother now when warmed up, I think my suspicions about the 160* t-stat not letting it go into full loop and causing a rough idle were right, runs so much smoother now! Though that old belt could have been a bit loose too, or the bearing on the water pump may have been on the way out. Who knows, it runs better now though!

My pass rear speaker is on the way out now, no fear, just turned on the HPF and the fade a bit towards the front. Much better ha.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Welp got it back, hopefully thats it for big stuff for a while *crosses fingers.

The mechanic did say the idler pulley seemed to be on the way out, gonna get a new one on the way, only a few bucks off Amazon. Still gotta put my new sway bar end link on the pass side, and maybe new brake rotors soon, but no big stuff on the horizon. Yay!

Also want to put a tailgate banner on it, or find a tailgate with one on it in good shape and paint it like I did for the 92. Lastly, I want to put a black brush guard on it. After that, we are done!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well Amazon Warehouse Deals strikes again haha. Got a new idler pulley on the way, $8. Got curious about A/C parts I know I'll need in a 3-4 months when I have A/C rebuilt so it works right and doesn't leak...new compressor, $86. New drier, another $8. All AC Delco of course. Those are prices with shipping!

Also think I have a solution to my armrest cover woes...ordered some stuff, we'll see how it turns out.