ChrisAU's '98 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Chris, just a thought about the coolant loss, check the heater hose fitting on the passenger front side of the intake, mine had a pin hole forever that I didn't find until it busted goin down the freeway.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The coolant is definitely coming from the lower hose, but I may have had the clamp too far back. Moved it today and hopefully that has fixed it. This week I also got that damn rear wheel bearing replaced, had to put in a new axle shaft too. That was 12 hours of hell trying to get that bearing out. Also finally got the dealership decal off the tailgate, looks sooo much cleaner. Last but not least, I finally got around to replacing the fatigued Z71 stickers.

Old:

You must be registered for see images attach

New:

You must be registered for see images attach

Now, it seems that the rear wheel bearing failure was so loud it was hiding a bit of a rear end whine. I think it may be the carrier bearing on the side that had went bad, the axle was so chewed up it had to have put an undesigned strain on that carrier bearing. Struggling with whether I want to go ahead and get it fixed or wait it out a while. I can get its done now for between $550-$750...idk.