ChrisAU's '98 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well today I'm gonna replace the idler pulley, and if I have the patience I may attempt to finally install the sway bar end link on the pass side.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I did end up replacing both. Very easy. The unitized design of the new swaybar end link I used was cool, did have to get creative with some RTV though to get the bottom bushing and washer to stay on so I could thread the nut on though ha.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well Amazon Warehouse Deals strikes again haha. Got a new idler pulley on the way, $8. Got curious about A/C parts I know I'll need in a 3-4 months when I have A/C rebuilt so it works right and doesn't leak...new compressor, $86. New drier, another $8. All AC Delco of course. Those are prices with shipping!

Also think I have a solution to my armrest cover woes...ordered some stuff, we'll see how it turns out.

Chris, can you direct me to where you are finding these deals? I have Amazon prime and would love to check them out... I know I need a new compressor. Thanks!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Just look on Amazon for the part, and go to the "used" section and look for ones from Amazon Warehouse Deals, they are Prime eligible too. 99% of them are returns or damaged packaging.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Oh, today I ordered a 3 CC syringe and some 30,000 weight RC car diff oil. Supposed to be able to fix my "hummingbird" fuel gauge needle by injecting it into the housing, from the factory there is an oil in there that is used to dampen the signal from the PCM but it leaks out over time.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Alright, finally got some pics of two things I've been asked a few times to get pics of, my $9 dash cover (love me some Amazon Warehouse deals ha), and my sub box.

You must be registered for see images attach