ChrisAU's '98 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
2 Kicker CVX 10's. They barely fit. Had to put grills on them, just the lips of the subs stuck out beneath the legs of the box. Its LOUD lol

I have to power bass single voice coils 10's. I had 2 diamond audio dual voice coil 10's in a downfire probox in my old truck. It sounded great but I sold them with the truck! :nono:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well I have fixed my biggest peeve about the interior, my armrests! And for under $30 too! I ordered these off RockAuto, I just happened to see the category when looking for something else! These are Madera pattern in Toast color, very very close to the 95-98 beige interior color and pattern too. They fit very, very tight and to my surprise are padded, which is very nice!

Before:

You must be registered for see images attach

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Alright, I pulled my dash bezel to do a few things, wound up the SES bulb AND socket had been removed. Some people. So I ordered a new AC Delco socket and bulb assembly.

Anyway, also discovered that the air bag switch was beyond repair after breaking it from the trim piece, so I am scouring eBay looking for a whole new assembly, cargo light switch and all. Woohoo.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how did that oil work on your fuel guage? Would like a little more info on this, my fuel guage jumps all over the place like its on crack. Think I need to do something like this as well.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
the armrest covers look great Chris, and I'm sure knowing you.... you probably got a stellar deal on them

Sent from my static android

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
how did that oil work on your fuel guage? Would like a little more info on this, my fuel guage jumps all over the place like its on crack. Think I need to do something like this as well.

Haven't done it yet, waiting on the stuff to come in.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, I pulled my dash bezel to do a few things, wound up the SES bulb AND socket had been removed. Some people. So I ordered a new AC Delco socket and bulb assembly.

Anyway, also discovered that the air bag switch was beyond repair after breaking it from the trim piece, so I am scouring eBay looking for a whole new assembly, cargo light switch and all. Woohoo.

I might have the cargo/airbag piece. I will know for sure when the truck comes home in 2 weeks.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 Kicker CVX 10's. They barely fit. Had to put grills on them, just the lips of the subs stuck out beneath the legs of the box. Its LOUD lol

Chris,
Where did you put your amp for the subs? After seeing how much room is left on the transmission hump I might have to put the amp somewhere else.