Chris AU's '92 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
love the new mirrors!

btw somebody wrote no on your hood :lol:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Haha I parked one day where my roommate normally parks. This thing hasn't been washed since the day I bought it ha

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well I drove it a good bit tonight, loved it! It drives and runs so good. I think I'll be driving it down home in a couple weeks for one of my best friends weddings, and hopefully hit some trails back home with my buddies and there trucks! I'll be sure to take a lot of pics. I found a toolbox on CL I want tonight, gonna call the guy tomorrow.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
looks good with those mirrors Chris...I love your truck both ways. been considering taking my tows off going back with my factory mirrors but hard decision! lol

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Chris I have just one thing to say....once you get another tool box don't change anything else! It's looking awesome man and def has me rethinking the idea of running tows on either of my trucks..

Powered by Detroit Diesel

BrokeEnthusiast

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think so too. I like the tows, but I think I just had too much going on.

I think it looks better...I thought about taking off my stock dumbo's but after abusing them on the trail with many many trees and they didn't break, I figured they had earned the right to stay on.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well I picked up a toolbox for it today, a UWS gullwing with rails, its awesome, even uses the same key as my box on my '98 so thats nice. However, it appears to be for a 3/4 ton and up truck. It is about 3/8" too wide to sit down between the bed rails, sooo next week I'll be heading up to my buddies shop and we'll trim 3/16" off each side of the bed rail for 17" from the front of the bed back. Shouldn't be too hard. I'll then put some rustoleum on it and let it dry and then drop that bad boy in and screw it down. Its aluminum finish, but I'll probably plasti-dip it ha.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Well I picked up a toolbox for it today, a UWS gullwing with rails, its awesome, even uses the same key as my box on my '98 so thats nice. However, it appears to be for a 3/4 ton and up truck. It is about 3/8" too wide to sit down between the bed rails, sooo next week I'll be heading up to my buddies shop and we'll trim 3/16" off each side of the bed rail for 17" from the front of the bed back. Shouldn't be too hard. I'll then put some rustoleum on it and let it dry and then drop that bad boy in and screw it down. Its aluminum finish, but I'll probably plasti-dip it ha.

i see some where that you can use self etching primer anditll stick to aluminumthen youcould paint it black

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Why are you cutting up your bed? Envy not just get the right toolbox?

Sent from My padded cell using tapatalk 2