Chris AU's '92 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Alright, so two shops have said it is a miss. One shop said the cap and rotor are corroded bad, which is weird because they were new in July. But I've heard that happens to these trucks if you don't drive them, so we'll see. Got a new Delphi cap and rotor on the way, hope to get into that Monday.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Got the new cap and rotor in, hope to get that on today if weather permits. Been raining all day. I hope this solves the issue, I may need this truck this weekend.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Remembered that I have an extra set of plug wires...gonna throw them on and see if that fixes the miss. Probably not though. Ugh.

IdreamofYenko

Runnin Lights and Sirens
Reaction score
Nice build going on here. Looks good man. Quick question though what do you mean by a shudder? I'm wondering if it's similar to what I have going on.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Nice build going on here. Looks good man. Quick question though what do you mean by a shudder? I'm wondering if it's similar to what I have going on.

Well I thought I was having torque convertor shudder when locked up, but turns out I have a terrible miss under load for some reason.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I had that same problem about a month ago and i just had a loose plug wire so it was fixed in about 2 hours after developing lol

IdreamofYenko

Runnin Lights and Sirens
Reaction score
Well I thought I was having torque convertor shudder when locked up, but turns out I have a terrible miss under load for some reason.

Hmm.. I'm trying to diagnose a shudder on mine. Happens when cruising in OD between 40 and 65. It sounds like the transmission can't choose which gear but the rpms and the feel of the truck never change it's just the way it sounds.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well RockAuto had led me to believe Delphi didn't manufacture plug wires...wrong. Ordered a set off Amazon. Hopefully that is it.