New with a 92 k1500 Sport 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edgartwib

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently inherited my father in laws 1992 K1500 Sport. Ive seen it under their carport for years and never gave it much of a thought because it had that 90s GM pos white paint. I took it home with the intent to sell it. After I drove it and cleaned it up I changed my mind. Inside this truck is a time capsule, the interior is almost in perfect original condition. It's lived its whole life in the northern New Mexico high desert where we average 9" moisture a year+-. It has had tinted windows and a dash cover the whole time, its is not rusty at all and the dash and interior are really nice. It just suffers from crap paint of 30 years. I even found a reciept for a $400 1 day respray my father in law had done locally in 2007 lol.
I'm gonna keep her as is and plan on getting it properly repainted with a upgraded radio and a overall baseline of the truck as needed. I belive it has the original Bilstien shocks lol. The screen controls on the tape deck/cd changer are dead, everything works otherwise. I'm really impressed.

123k, 5 speed, 350, bucket seats, cruise control, pioneer in dash tape deck with CD changer under the seat auto door locks and locks. Just about every option available in 1992.
I posted it on a GMT400 forum on facebook and was told it was a 'byp' Sport 4x4 package which was rare in 92.
I've driven it the last few days and it has not missed a beat. He has kept it in good maintained shape too, its got new Bridgestone tires and a recent exhaust job in the last two years.
I'm open to suggestions for upkeep, since its 99% stock I'm gonna keep it that way.
Honestly I needed a 2nd car project like I need another hole in my head but it's too good a deal to pass. That I can try to heirloom. I sold my 92 k3500 cab chasis with service bed to make room but mainly as an excuse to keep this truck. Also it sat for two years as a project that never got off the ground so good riddance. I'm balls deep into a 87 landcruiser at the moment so I hope the misses does not question her dad's old truck in our yard in the long run.
Thanks all

You must be registered for see images attach

edgartwib

Reaction score
Nice truck, welcome to the forum! My aunt and uncle live in Cuba, New Mexico, where are you at?
I'm north of Santa Fe. Ask your uncle and aunt if they have ever been to the castle up on the hill outside, north?, of town. I bought a tonneau cover from the caretaker of that place several years ago and he gave me the full tour. All the way up the tower and all it was really cool.

Rich Johns

Reaction score
Fantastic rare 1992 Chevy Sport 4x4 especially with bucket seats and 5 speed.
Only 385 built in final year 1992, red ,white and black combined, white is rarest color only about 75 built.
Contact me Rich 519 661 7783 I can decode for firewall body tag and RPO option decal in glovebox
Plus assist you in replacing decals as I had them reproduced.