Chris AU's '92 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Its more of a trim than a cut ha...and I got a great deal on the box and I'm in love with the fact that my keys work on both boxes, and the rails on this one.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Alright, got the new toolbox on last night, gotta get my hi-lift brackets installed on it this afternoon and then throw all my sh*t in it! I'll get some pics then.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Modification process for toolbox fitment:

You must be registered for see images attach

New toolbox with Hi-Lift mounted:

New throwback decal ha

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Even though I'm having some idle/driveability issues again with the ignition system, I'd like to take a second to brag about it. I drove it about 600 miles this past weekend, and it got me there and back comfortably. The miss appeared halfway through, but hopefully I'll have that fixed soon and it never ever came close to leaving me stranded or even having me worried.

Here's the AWESOME news: With the 3.42's and 35's, averaging 72 MPH, the first 210 mile leg of the trip I got 15.5 MPG! I stayed tucked in behind a tour bus the whole way lol and kept the TC locked, right around 1600-1700 RPM. Seeing as how this trucks life will mostly be long trips with the destinations being devoid of stop and go traffic, it was nice to see!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
man that is some awesome fuel mileage :waytogo:

Sent from my static android

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
is the aluminum of the toolbox strong enough to mount that jack on without it widening the holes and pulling through? i was thinking them jacks were pretty heavy

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well the trans shop is convinced that what I thought was TC shudder is a miss, and they had a local shop I trust verify that. I'm taking it to the shop that put a new dizzy in it this past summer, its under warranty and I'm thinking the ICM failed the first time it got really hot a couple weekends ago.