Chris AU's '92 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
locking lugnuts are stupid, well thats my opinion, i got buckshot mudders too how did u like them

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
%#WQ*)&$*@$&%...I took it to get the tires mounted and we discovered that the two rear wheels each have a locking lug nut...now I have to take it somewhere that can get those off and then have them mounted and balanced. Wasted an entire afternoon.

At least you found out now instead of stranded somewhere with a flat.....

Good luck getting them off.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The buckshots on it are pretty much racing slicks. And I needed some tires for this hunting season, so I jumped on these when I found them. I didn't want to get new ones because this spring she'll be going up in the air :evillol:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Big update! Got a lot done today.

First, a couple pics of the new shoes:

You must be registered for see images attach

Now, I finished by bed-liner bed caps today finally (took taking a day off work to get this done), I am very pleased.

Before:

The prep (also did a LOT of sanding):

After:

Also because of the damage/rust I had to make the tailgate "cap" deeper than I wanted the bed sides to be over the rail. Most aftermarket bed caps also exhibit this for extra protection for the tailgate. My solution was to carefully tape a curve from the tailgate cap to the depth that I wanted the bedliner to come over the rail, and made sure both side were 99% identical. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome!

Also put a couple coats of paint over my hitch:

Last but not least, how she stands after all this:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
And yes you can still see all the spots where my transmission was leaking, she doesn't leak a drop of any fluid now though!

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Looking good man. Come quite a ways already. I'd get a 2WD valance and upgrade to the newer mirrors.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I like it right now without the valance, I know its weird but thats how me and my buddies did ours in high school, so thats part of this truck for me. I would like to get my hands on a Z-71 skid plate to put up front.

And as for the mirrors, I've decided to keep my '92 a '92 - old dash, old mirrors, old grill, center caps with fake lugs, etc.

However, if I found a truck the same color as mine with a good tailgate on it that had the CHEVROLET banner, I'd convert it to a Chevy and go with the 94+ grill and mirrors.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'd also like to swap that grill out with a stock one (not so much chrome). Other than that the only plans I have before the spring are getting a toolbox (black) for it. I'm wavering on getting a black brush guard soon, or just holding out for the spring...when she'll get 6", 35's, old school 15x10 or 15x8 polished bullet holes, and perhaps TAG bumpers front and rear...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I like how you tied the rails into the tailgate. I was gonna get some of those plastic caps for my rails cause they look pretty rough too, espically where i took off the PO toolbox and he didnt put anything under it. So I have a nice diamond plate pattern down to the metal where the box was....

Tires look good too, are they very noisy? There is a guy that lives down the road from me with a set on his NBS. You can hear his truck coming for at least half a mile. I like the looks of them but couldnt deal with the noise they put out if they are all like that.....

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Looks good, I like how you tied the rails into the tailgate. I was gonna get some of those plastic caps for my rails cause they look pretty rough too, espically where i took off the PO toolbox and he didnt put anything under it. So I have a nice diamond plate pattern down to the metal where the box was....

Tires look good too, are they very noisy? There is a guy that lives down the road from me with a set on his NBS. You can hear his truck coming for at least half a mile. I like the looks of them but couldnt deal with the noise they put out if they are all like that.....

They don't seem very loud to me, but this truck isn't my DD so tire noise doesn't bother me.