Chris AU's '92 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
awesome job dude. truck looked ragged out before, now it looks very clean.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Scored a gull-wing style black toolbox today and put it on, I'll snap a few pics tomorrow. Put a new sheen of black paint on it first and gotta go to H&H to get a couple of keys for it, but I got it for $40! Also added a couple of tie-down points to the stake pockets, the kind you put it and twist until they are tight.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Alright, I hope to snap a pic of the new toys in the bed (toolbox and tie-down points) tomorrow. Going out of town for work again this week, but only for Monday-Wednesday this time. I actually get to go back to where I'm originally from, and one night I'm going to help my best friend from high school put his overhead console I bought for him when I bought mine in his '97 ECSB Z-71.

When I get back the plans look like this:

First: Get thermostat, seal, and gasket and replace. I got the sensor working a couple weeks ago, and since then I've noticed the temp goes up pretty high (not red but close) then breaks down hard every time I drive it for more than a few minutes, I think it has at one time been replaced with a 160* which is now sticking closed. Need to do this ASAP.

Then,
Get toolbox keys from H&H.
Replace fuel filter (already have filter...just been lazy).
Order plugs, wires, cap, and rotor from RockAuto and do that when they come in.
Replace wiper blades, noticed they sucked this morning.
Replace door striker bolt on driver's side.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Order plugs, wires, cap, and rotor from RockAuto and do that when they come in.

I love rock auto, but for good ignition stuff check these guys out. I bought an ignition kit for my vortec, but I dont see one for the older engines. Their prices are in line with ac delco stuff. I'm real happy with everything I got from them espically the plug wires.....

http://www.performancedistributors.com/

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well I finally got a pic of it with the toolbox/tie down points on it. Also replaced the thermostat and door striker bolt today. Going to pick up a radiator cap and the ignition stuff at Advance tonight, got a $20 off $50 coupon code.

You must be registered for see images attach

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Nice progress, I cant wait to start on mine. Its almost time.

Thanks!

Still running around accumulating parts for a big day Friday, taking a vacation day to get her completed in time for hunting season.

On Friday I'll be changing the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, and also short changing the oil, this time using a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil and a Fram Extended Guard Filter. Also throwing new wiper blades on it and finally getting around to replacing the fuel filter.

Hopefully my front end problem is a CV Axle and not the hub assembly, but I'll be replacing whichever one it is on Friday also. May take the time to drain the rear end and fill it back up too.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well the front end is put back together, now with a new wheel bearing, tie rod end, and sway bar link on the drivers side. Also got around to doing the ignition stuff today, I think the plugs were kinda old haha:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Got some work done under the hood...