Chime for headlight and key in ignition doesn't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I've never heard someone complain about the chime being disabled before. ..

sent from Rustbucket

Depends on your life I guess.

Coming home after flying an 18 hour SAR mission at 0300 in the morning I need something to remind me to take the farking keys with me.

Hell, I need something to remind me how to put the left foot in front of the right to get to the house at that point.....:rofl:

Last edited:

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Wish I saw this sooner, I might still have one that isn't modified. I would've given it to you if you paid shipping.

Protip: You can cut off some of the terminals so that it only chimes under certain scenarios. Headlights on, key-in-ignition, and/or seatbeats. When I still briefly had mine, I made it so that it would only come on when the headlights were left on.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never heard someone complain about the chime being disabled before. ..

sent from Rustbucket

Agreed! When I bought my truck I pulled it the first day and I think shipped it to a guy in either Mississippi or kansas

I'll crawl under there tonight. If it's there and just out slightly I guess I spent $30 for a spare :lol: I hadn't thought about that and didn't think it could be out so little to make the chime go away.

No you didn't. You spent $30 to get rid of the door chime that can wake the dead. It has to sound better than the stock one for gmt400s

Wish I saw this sooner, I might still have one that isn't modified. I would've given it to you if you paid shipping.

Protip: You can cut off some of the terminals so that it only chimes under certain scenarios. Headlights on, key-in-ignition, and/or seatbeats. When I still briefly had mine, I made it so that it would only come on when the headlights were left on.

Not a bad idea.......

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems I remember a thread or at least a post somewhere that told ya what each pin on the module does. :think: I can't remember enough to search for it though...

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score

If the one I ordered doesn't work for some reason I'll hit ya up. :) I should know by the weekend.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Seems I remember a thread or at least a post somewhere that told ya what each pin on the module does. :think: I can't remember enough to search for it though...
i was actually just about to post a thread about that, but my connection at my home just went on the blink. I'm on my phone now...

[edit] Here ya go: http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?23667

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:shrug: no clue. Is your factory one gone missing?

To answer this....yes, it's not there so someone took it our and threw it away :lol:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Woohoo!!! I now have a buzzer telling me when I've been stupid and left my keys in the ignition or left my lights on :rocking:

Here's a pic of the part number in case anyone else needs it. This came out of a late 80's Camaro. Several others will work as well
You must be registered for see images attach