Chime for headlight and key in ignition doesn't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
I'd rather be annoyed by a chime than come out to a truck with a dead battery or keys locked in it because of my stupidity :lol: If it's already happened to me twice (1 dead battery and 1 key locked in truck) in just 6 weeks it will happen many more times in the future unless I get it fixed :D

Fair enough.

sent from Rustbucket

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes, I'm sure most people are fine without the chime but apparently my IQ isn't high enough without annoying noises telling me i'm about to do something that'll piss me off later :lol:

Anyway, I've already got a tracking number for my replacement chime! It's coming from Ohio (I'm in Mo) so I should be able to put this in by the end of the week :)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
87-88...Through the research that I did it appears that those should work, correct?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:shrug: no clue. Is your factory one gone missing?

To be honest I haven't looked down there yet. I just know it's not chiming so either it's not down there and has been thrown away or it's down there and inoperable :)

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should check, you can pull it like a quarter of the way out an it will quit. I do that all the time if I'm working an need the door open or want it open for tunes....

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll crawl under there tonight. If it's there and just out slightly I guess I spent $30 for a spare :lol: I hadn't thought about that and didn't think it could be out so little to make the chime go away.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
What about this, I put one in and it only made a sound when I plugged it in, nothing else

Sent from underneath my truck