Check it!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CowlBoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just made my first sig guys. i know its nothing as good as butchs or rhamills sigs but its my first and best try. so tell me wat ya think and were i could improve to better it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Looks damn good for your first IMO change the font color to white, tuck it a little more to the corner and add a drop shadow to give it definition and call it done. Again great job! What program are you using?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sweet, I agree with butch about the text, it kinda gets lost in the grill, if it were me, I'd also do some color burning in the skull orifaces, it just seems really bright in there compared to the front of the truck, kindof diverts attention away from the truck on less important details.

CowlBoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks damn good for your first IMO change the font color to white, tuck it a little more to the corner and add a drop shadow to give it definition and call it done. Again great job! What program are you using?

thanks man!! Im using GIMP lol. if i knew how to add a drop shadow i would lol. i could proly do alot better work if i knew wat purpose each tool surves.

CowlBoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sweet, I agree with butch about the text, it kinda gets lost in the grill, if it were me, I'd also do some color burning in the skull orifaces, it just seems really bright in there compared to the front of the truck, kindof diverts attention away from the truck on less important details.

again lol im still new to this makin sig thing lol and i have no clue wat color burning is? could be because im using GIMP. IDK .

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I've never used GIMP so I'll be no help but hopefully someone else will be, I use PS and at first I was overwhelmed with the amount of tools and options but after enough time and practice it starts to become second nature you can do more detailed and difficult work. Good luck, stay with it, its a nice skill to have in your back pocket when needed.

CowlBoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya im trying to figure out how to ghost that skull on pic right now so it wont take so much focus off the truck.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what font is that you used? I like it. most of the time when you are actualy typing the text in you can make some changes like adding a drop shadow or outline, and such, however if you can't find that, you can type it again with white or some other color, and just offset it slightly from the black type to make a kindof pseudo drop shadow.

I've never heard of gimp either. like butch, I use photoshop, and sometimes even MSpaint, but mainly photoshop for still image work.

I thought you were using photoshop when I was talking about the burning tool, basically it selectively darkens things. you could probably get a somewhat simmilar effect with a brush tool set to black, but turn the opacity way down to like 5% or something, and make sure its got a soft edge (in photoshop you turn the 'hardness' of the brush down I don't know what it is in gimp, but there is probably something like that). another way of going about it is to selectively 'select' the parts in the skull eyes and nose and turn the brightness down, maybe the saturation a little too.

Last edited: