Cheapest Battery for K1500 5.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I am an interstate dealer so obviously I'm biased but in my opinion you can't go wrong with one.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Well, you asked for cheap so you're probably not going to like my answer. I run Odysseys in all of my vehicles. Used to run Optima yellow tops, until a brand new one died on me. After that happened I did some research and learned that Optima sold to Johnson Controls and are now made in Mexico, apparently their quality has gone downhill since then. The Odysseys are pricey, but they have a four year free replacement warranty, no questions asked. Plus you can get them with both top and side terminals, and they've got more reserve capacity and cranking amps than anything else on the market. Made by Enersys right here in the good ol' USA. Here's the one I run in both of my trucks.

http://shop.odysseybattery.com/p/34-78-pc1500dt-a

Alternatively, if you don't have an Odyssey dealer nearby, Sears sells the Die-Hard Platinum line which are (or at least were) re-badged Enersys batteries. Essentially an Odyssey for a little bit cheaper with a different label. Same exact specs.

http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinum-automotive-battery-group-size-34-78dt-price/p-02851090000P

I run a very large draw stereo system in my red truck (and honestly, too small of an alternator) and the Odyssey keeps up just fine. When I switched to them from Optima I noticed considerably less voltage drop while running my stereo at high volume, and much easier cold weather starts in the winter. Worth every cent in my opinion.

^THIS

I was resisting the urge to say the same thing. I have that exact DieHard Platinum and it is phenomenal.

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 5th NAPA in 2 years. Used to be good quality batter but I'd say not anymore.

Alright I guess it's either going to be the Walmart Everstart Maxx or the Costco Interstate (depending on how much it costs). The NAPA is probably a high quality battery it just has less CCA which I don't like.

mistaake

Reaction score
I am going to get the Costco Interstate battery. If I weren't going to get that my second choice would be the Walmart one based on price alone. If my truck starting was a matter of life and death or it was super cold all the time or I had a ton of electronics I'd get the Diehard Platinum Odyssey but for what I do it's really not worth it to me.

mistaake

Reaction score
Well, I'll update - went to Costco to buy the Interstate battery, expecting it to be more expensive then the Walmart one since, you know, it's actually a good qualiyt battery... it was $85!

Why buy a battery anywhere else?

The Interstate battery from Costco is size 78, 800CCA, 1000CA. So not only is it cheaper than any other battery and is brand name (so it isn't a total piece of junk), but it has good specs too.

Oh, and it's a 42-month completely free replacement warranty. AFAIK they don't test batteries there, so they will literally give you a complete refund or exchange it with a brand new one. (minus core charge of course)

Now they just need to sell AGM batteries for $95 :)

2002maniac

Reaction score
Well, I'll update - went to Costco to buy the Interstate battery, expecting it to be more expensive then the Walmart one since, you know, it's actually a good qualiyt battery... it was $85!

Why buy a battery anywhere else?

The Interstate battery from Costco is size 78, 800CCA, 1000CA. So not only is it cheaper than any other battery and is brand name (so it isn't a total piece of junk), but it has good specs too.

Oh, and it's a 42-month completely free replacement warranty. AFAIK they don't test batteries there, so they will literally give you a complete refund or exchange it with a brand new one. (minus core charge of course)

Now they just need to sell AGM batteries for $95 :)

Good find!

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I've had no issues with Optima Yellow tops - I left my interior lights on the other night, all night long, and come to find my truck started right up the next day.

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, you asked for cheap so you're probably not going to like my answer. I run Odysseys in all of my vehicles. Used to run Optima yellow tops, until a brand new one died on me. After that happened I did some research and learned that Optima sold to Johnson Controls and are now made in Mexico, apparently their quality has gone downhill since then. The Odysseys are pricey, but they have a four year free replacement warranty, no questions asked. Plus you can get them with both top and side terminals, and they've got more reserve capacity and cranking amps than anything else on the market. Made by Enersys right here in the good ol' USA. Here's the one I run in both of my trucks.

http://shop.odysseybattery.com/p/34-78-pc1500dt-a

Alternatively, if you don't have an Odyssey dealer nearby, Sears sells the Die-Hard Platinum line which are (or at least were) re-badged Enersys batteries. Essentially an Odyssey for a little bit cheaper with a different label. Same exact specs.

http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinum-automotive-battery-group-size-34-78dt-price/p-02851090000P

I run a very large draw stereo system in my red truck (and honestly, too small of an alternator) and the Odyssey keeps up just fine. When I switched to them from Optima I noticed considerably less voltage drop while running my stereo at high volume, and much easier cold weather starts in the winter. Worth every cent in my opinion.

^THIS

I was resisting the urge to say the same thing. I have that exact DieHard Platinum and it is phenomenal.

My dad taught me YEARS ago to run DieHard batteries. They are all I ever run now. I'll never go cheap on brakes or batteries. To each their own, but +1 to you guys. These pricier batteries pay for themselves when you aren't replacing them as often.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My dad taught me YEARS ago to run DieHard batteries. They are all I ever run now. I'll never go cheap on brakes or batteries. To each their own, but +1 to you guys. These pricier batteries pay for themselves when you aren't replacing them as often.

:waytogo: This is very true. Just to clarify though, only the DieHard Platinums are re-badged Odysseys. I'm sure the other ones work fine, but the Platinums are the only DieHards to carry the four year free replacement Enersys warranty.