Cheapest Battery for K1500 5.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
I have a $80 fleet farm battery and its excelent. My dad got one for his '97 burb about 8 years ago and its just now starting to show its age. Mine is a little over 1000 cranking amps at 32 degrees F and 850 at 0 degrees. My old battery was a $130 interstate and lasted 4 years. I have left the dome light on for days and not even a hint of deadness. It turns over so fast in winter now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1995sierraz71

Reaction score
I got a battery for my Sierra (350 tbi) 760cca I think for something like 55$ at the local rural king, last one I had lasted 5 yrs

mistaake

Reaction score
I figured I'd report back that I took the old battery out of my Suburban and put it in the Silverado (when I sold the Silverado I didn't want to give them a brand new battery) and the Interstate/Costco battery has done very well in the Suburban. I left an interior light on for over a week which drained it completely. Gave it a jump start and even though completely draining it is really bad for the battery it seems to still work great. I frequently leave the Suburban sitting for up a week then drive it to work and back or to my aunt's and back (short trips) and it always starts right up.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Walmart has a value battery at our walmart, it's the same battery as the maxx buy no warranty is why they sell them so cheap

Pampo'sTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get a battery at walmart with a warranty. Then one month before the warranty is up have them test it. If the cold cranking amps doesn't test to what it's rated (it wont) You'll get a new battery with a new warranty. That's how I got a brand new top of the line battery for $25 last time I went to walmart lol. I had to only pay the difference. This one has a 5yr warranty.

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are the interstate batteries at Costco black or white with a green top?
I got the white one from my local interstate truck for 93

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk