Aux. Battery With Pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im not trying to "flame your post" by any means at all! im simply asking why not one better battery than two lesser batterys, i like the idea of having two, but at the same time i think with the right battery you could have just as much starting power if that is all your after, sure if you add or plan to add more things to your truck it would be wise to have a dual set up and it was a very informal posting. im just challenging it a little because i think that one battery would get the job done just fine if its a better battery.. theres nothing wrong with that! and yes in manufacturing there is never going to be any two things alike and of coarse there is always a small fallout of bad product getting off the final line. but i used to also sell optima and the people that bring them back dont know that optima only takes a trickle charge. we used to get them back as a "bad" battery but after charging them the correct way nearly all of them turned out to still be good. the only time i have truely seen a bad optima is when it was dropped and the case broke or it was in an accident.

DWillmont

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am with jcro61 they are good for stereo systems but for an everyday starting battery I dont like them.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For everyday driving I prefer everstart to be honest. I had one in my blazer and one in another car. they never left me stranded. I had the one in the blazer for 4 years. and at 30 bucks cheaper than the next battery. I wouldnt mind having 2 evertstarts in my truck.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
I have no problem with my $20 Optima Yellowtop, It was warrantied out and they charged it and tested it good... Its been a champ for everything in my truck, but then again it gets charged at 15.3v daily from my alt :naughty:

Reaction score
I have ran 2 batteries in all of my plow trucks except this one I have now, it has an optima that came with it from the previous owner. None of the 2 bat. trucks ever had any problems with the plow running, the new truck with the single optima gives me **** every time I plow. I hit my plow side to side or up and the volt gauge drops all the way down and the check engine light comes on. I had the whole charging system checked by a certified mechanic-not autozone and nothing seemed to be wrong. I explained my other setups and the mechanic felt I should change this truck over and that he has had no plow trucks ever come in with optimas that the owners were happy with. I will be using your post to do my plow truck. Thanks for the great write up.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is exactly what im talking about ^ stupid people have "bad" optimas. and no im not calling anyone on here stupid! since everyone is all defensive for some reason. the optimas just trickle charge and most have no clue of this. if you put a regular charger on it or try to jump a dead optima it will smoke a little and the gel will leak from the terminals on the top. and no this still will not put an end to an optima its just not a good idea, but somtimes you gota do what you gota do. its mainly that people think once this happens there is somthing wrong with it or they charge it with a normal charger and it wont hold that charge that they return them and say its "bad". i have never had a problem with the several that i have had unless it was due to somthing that i did ex left the headlights on..

SORRY TATTOED! THAT ARROW WAS SUPPOSED TO POINT TO THE POSTING ABOVE YOURS, YOU POSTED BEFORE ME AND IT LOOKS LIKE IM CALLING YOU STUPID OR SOMTHING...NOT THE CASE.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just dislike how weak it is to start the truck when its real cold out. Other than that it works fine and I have no complaints

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i guess i have never had this weak starting problem with any of mine. that always seemed to be their plus factor for owning one. my buddy high compression sbc has one and all of my diesels had them and that was my main reason was to give it a fighting chane at starting. maybe it didnt have the juice right off the bat? but they dont seem to die after cranking for a long time.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i guess i have never had this weak starting problem with any of mine. that always seemed to be their plus factor for owning one. my buddy high compression sbc has one and all of my diesels had them and that was my main reason was to give it a fighting chane at starting. maybe it didnt have the juice right off the bat? but they dont seem to die after cranking for a long time.
That is exactly how it is. My everstarts would crank real hard right away and start instantly. This one needs to turn over like 10 times when its cold to get going and start. If I didnt pay 200 for the battery I would have changed it back already.