Cheap idea for an Exhuast setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_RYK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found that i need a new muffler since it rattles and is rusted out pretty good. So i was thinking since the rest of the exhaust pieces are in good shape i was gonna get a Ypipe and run a single in single out muffler. Anyone have any other ideas to add about this, and other possible solutions?? Thanks:hmm:

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Are you wanting to keep the stock tail pipe? If so, get a dual in, single out muffler. It would probably be cheaper than having a y made to fit the vehicle.

A_RYK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes i was planning on keeping the stock tail pipe. And that my problem i cant find any dual in single out ther than the stock replacement ones

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What size pipe do you have to work with? There are many dual in single out mufflers out there.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
you can custom make one at www.spintech.com

I have the Sportsman 3000, wish it was louder honestly so I'd go with the 6000

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I'll just tell you what I did and see if something like this may work for you. I picked up a set of used Flowmasters for $30. They were under a truck with the turn down tips on them. While I was trying to figure out how to put them on my Suburban, I noticed when I rotated them to make it fit, the turn down tips would almost touch. I cut the turn downs off after I had the mufflers sitting where I wanted. Did a little test fitting and I could make the turn downs meet with little effort. So I welded them together and cut the tip off so I could get the stock tail pipe on it. Welded that up too. So I now have 2 mufflers going in to the same, stock tail pipe. I'll try to get some pics later if you want to see it.

I'm not sure exactly what you're wanting to do, but this is just how I worked with what I had to make the truck a little louder.

A_RYK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'll just tell you what I did and see if something like this may work for you. I picked up a set of used Flowmasters for $30. They were under a truck with the turn down tips on them. While I was trying to figure out how to put them on my Suburban, I noticed when I rotated them to make it fit, the turn down tips would almost touch. I cut the turn downs off after I had the mufflers sitting where I wanted. Did a little test fitting and I could make the turn downs meet with little effort. So I welded them together and cut the tip off so I could get the stock tail pipe on it. Welded that up too. So I now have 2 mufflers going in to the same, stock tail pipe. I'll try to get some pics later if you want to see it.

I'm not sure exactly what you're wanting to do, but this is just how I worked with what I had to make the truck a little louder.

Thats a good idea and if you can post some pics and I may try to attempt this. I have been doing some research and found that magnaflow mufflers are not directional unlike flowmasters that are directional so you would be able to flip the muffler around so you can have a dual inlet and a single outlet which would be an easy solution.

A_RYK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can custom make one at www.spintech.com

I have the Sportsman 3000, wish it was louder honestly so I'd go with the 6000

I just went on the website and found what you are talking about. I was looking at the 8000 series. And do you have the stock tailpipe and if so what are your measurements.